|Job Ref:||204683547||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Leatherhead||Address:||Post Code:||KT22||Salary:||£36000 - £40000/annum Car||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:20|
* Manage site activities to ensure work is completed on time and within budget
* Ensure work is executed in a safely meeting and exceeding company and legal guidelines.
* Produce risk assessments and method statements for safe execution of the works.
* Put in place measures to ensure accurate implementation of all engineering controls and compliance with the contract drawings and specification.
* Constantly seek to improve company systems and procedures
* Set a high personal standard of behaviour.
* Produce documentation to support the construction process, including programmes, Method statements and risk assessments.
* Understand and implement the company systems, work with others to improved them.
* Ensure that all staff and operatives are familiar with the safety and other procedures and that they are understood and adhered to.
* Organize briefings on method statements to relevant staff and operatives within their area
* Liaise with Works managers on daily basis issues related with programme, resources, production, productivity necessary to meet with programme requirements
* Lead all actions to solve technical difficulties, improve performance in terms of progress and quality
* Set working parameters, ensure their application on site, assess the performance
* Coordinate the work of their shifts and ensure consistency of operation
* Develop forecast and monitor performance against forecast. Establish and regularly review the detailed working programme. Ensure coordination of all related trades
* Deliver end product to customer satisfaction
* Deliver performance in key areas of health and safety, environment and quality
* Lead the delivery of the customers' quality requirements.
* Manage project risk in line with company procedures
* Proactively promote continuous improvement initiatives (e.g. customer and supplier feedback, back to basics, knowledge management)
* Ensure all personnel are provided with necessary training
* Liaise with 3rd parties and other members of the team on a day to day basis
* Relevant industry qualification (HND/HNC/BEng or equivalent)
* Relevant CSCS card
* CSCS 5 day safety qualification
Skills & Experience:
* Good knowledge of specifications and testing regime relevant to general civil engineering
* Hands on approach to the commercial and planning aspects of the project
* Civil engineering and construction experience
* Able to produce and explain accurate plans and drawings
* Good IT skills and able to work confidently with MS Office and other system applications
* Competent in the use of Microsoft Project
* Able to challenge designs and resolve problems to conclusion
* Good project management, communication and financial management skills
* Sound knowledge of construction methods, health and safety, and legal regulations
* Excellent communication and people and team management skills
* Excellent organisational, planning and time management skills; able to manage projects simultaneously without compromising on standards and quality
* Ability to develop friendly and professional customer focused relations with others
* Good management skills, with the ability to motivate employees to achieve high standards of compliance
* Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook