|Job Ref:||204683504||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Abingdon||Address:||Post Code:||OX14||Salary:||£20.00 - £31.00/hour LTD, based on experience||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
The UKAEA are seeking an experienced Safety Systems engineer to support RACE - the UK's very own Robotics & Autonomous Systems strategy - on short-medium term contract basis|
Electrical Engineer / Design Engineer / Automation Engineer / Electrical Safety / Radiological Safety / Safety Instrumented Systems / SIL / PLC / Robotics / Motor drives / Sensors / Systems Engineering / MBSE
RACE, a business unit in UKAEA, design and deliver robotic remote handling solutions for extreme environments using the latest technologies in robotics and automation. Based in a new purpose built facility at Culham, Oxfordshire, RACE engineers are designing, building, operating and maintaining advanced robotic systems for a worldwide client base.
The main service you would provide would include:
1. Supporting Control Systems Engineers and Electrical Engineers in developing safety systems for equipment used in remote handling applications.
2. Analysing and developing safety requirements & interpreting regulations without restricting functionality
3. Producing complete safety system designs for Siemens S7-1500 series failsafe PLCs, and Pilz PSS-4000 series safety PLCs
4. Documenting safety system designs
5. Assisting in the construction, testing and commissioning of systems ensuring compliance of systems with both site requirements and legislated safety standards
6. Supporting project managers in preparing project bid documentation, estimating cost timescales.
7. Defining and setting standards and best working practices.
The successful candidate will have the following essential skills/experience:
* HND or equivalent qualification in electrical safety
* Design of SIL 1, SIL 2 and SIL 3 safety systems according to IEC 61508, IEC 62061, ISO 13849
* Experience with Siemens S7 Failsafe PLCs
* Industry certification for safety PLC programming using IEC 61131 style languages
* Understanding of Functional Safety
* Technical Writing
* Requirements Capture
* Flexible working attitude with the ability to deliver set tasks as an individual or as a team member.
* A logical problem Solver.
The following skills/experience are also desirable:
* Degree or other qualification in Electrical Engineering or other relevant field
* Electronics and computing experience
* Computer programming in C or C++
* Design of robotic device safety systems according to ISO 10218
* Exposure to IEC 61513 (nuclear safety)
* Experience with the SISTEMA safety evaluation software
* Model-Based Systems Engineering
* Systems Mark-Up Language (SysML)
* Chartered Engineer (CEng)
* Experience with PILZ Safety PLCs