|Job Ref:||204683181||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dubai||Address:||Salary:||£90000 - £120000/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:20|
Programme Director, Dubai|
Charteris Consultancy are working alongside an established consultancy and engineering business who focus on innovative delivery solutions to the Energy & Utilities sectors. This company have a global presence and are expanding further to new geographies.
Our client is about to embark on a significant solar roof top implementation programme in Dubai. The project will develop and build a solar network on thousands of Government/Commercial buildings. These buildings will be self-sustainable and will be connected to the national grid allowing excessive energy to be pumped back to the power grid thereby saving energy and promoting a eco-friendly and optimal energy production and consumption process.
This project will look to create a solar network which will reach a power output on a 50-100 megawatt scale. This project will run over the next 2 years and power about 8 to 10 thousand customers.
The successful candidate will have complete accountability as well as autonomy of the programme. The person on the job will be the single point of contact for this project to the client. He/she will work closely with the third party suppliers, external engineering teams and execution teams to ensure the successful implementation of the project.
The main areas of focus for the successful candidate will be;
• Forging partnerships
• Contract and risk management
• Engineering procurement and contract management
• Program schedules management and timely reporting
• Excecution and project handover to the customer
• Handle post installation issues
• Exceptionally good contracts management
• Time and task management
• Relationship management - partners and customers
• Excellent control of budgets
• Quality assurance and customer experience
• Excellent leadership
• Stakeholder management
• Experience of high value contracts (>£100mn)
• Strong utilities background (any experience with solar would be advantageous)
• Engineering documentation preparation experience
• Experience of working a supply chain with third party vendors