|Job Ref:||204683137||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£300 - £340/day||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:20|
Discipline Engineer - Fire Systems |
PURPOSE OF JOB
Planning, specification, control and execution of the design of Fire Systems and Fire Safety engineering elements of multi-disciplinary projects to ensure the achievements of agreed targets of quality, safety, cost and time.
Reporting to Lead Discipline Engineer as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
Providing Fire Systems technical support to the Project.
Responsible for specifying, monitoring and controlling the scope, quality and timely delivery of fire systems design and out-sourced engineering.
Preparation of Evidence File for the purposes of Assurance.
Preparing Fire Strategies for Projects
Ensuring Design Compliance with all Fire Engineering Design to Current Legislation, Applicable Standards, LUL and Tube-Lines Procedures and Standards
Producing Fire Technical Assurance Plans
Support the fire precautions approval process through LUL and the Fire Authority
Responsible, with the support of core fire team, for in-house design and management of subcontracted Fire Systems including Compartmentation, Detection and Suppression Systems.
Produce technical briefs / work scopes for design and construction of works to be undertaken by the Construction team.
Evaluate, select and recommend appropriate engineering or technical methods and techniques in order to resolve problems, prepare specifications to meet client's briefs and produce engineering or technical solutions which satisfies the project requirements.
Obtain AIPs and prepare detailed designs, schemes and layouts for tender purposes.
Advise on special conditions and technical specifications for standards and contract documents.
Undertake design reviews in order to satisfy the client that the work meets their requirements
Carry out design risk assessments as part of the CDM procedures.
Liaise effectively with Engineers and other disciplines; Project Managers, Construction Managers and Health and Safety and Quality Engineers to ensure designs and work are co-ordinated.
Ensure compliance with the appropriate standards, regulations, legislation and design principles.
ESSENTIAL / DESIRABLE EXPERIENCE / QUALIFICATIONS
The candidate shall have a working knowledge and understanding of:
* Approved Document B of the Building Regulations
* BS9999 - Code of practice for fire safety in the design, management and use of buildings
* BS7974 Application of Fire Engineering Principles to the design of buildings
* Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety Order) 2005
* Fire Precautions (Sub-surface Railway Stations) England Regulations 2009
* BS5839 - Fire detection and alarm systems
* BSEN12845 - Automatic Sprinkler Systems
* BS9990 - Non Automatic Fire Fighting Systems in Buildings
* Passive Fire Protection Measures
* The candidate, as a minimum, should be a member of a relevant professional body.
* The candidate will have proven experience of inspection and acceptance of all types of fire systems.
* The candidate should also have a specific understanding of fire detection and protection
* Systems together with all statutory regulations.
* 5 years service in the fire engineering industry and have acquired the relevant knowledge and experience to meet the above criteria.
Please contact Peter Henderson on for more information or to apply.
Prima Services Group Ltd are committed to promoting equal opportunities to people regardless of age, gender, religion, belief, race, sexuality or disability. We operate as an employment agency and employment business.
You'll find a wide selection of vacancies on our website (url removed)