|Job Ref:||204683127||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Cambridgeshire||City:||Peterborough||Address:||Post Code:||PE1||Salary:||£25.00 - £35.00/hour||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:45|
6 month contract - Design Engineer - Globally Recognised Engine Manufacturer - up to £35 p/h|
As a Design Engineer will have the opportunity to work on the design and development of engines intended to meet the latest emissions legislation, with world-class levels of quality and reliability. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Key Responsibilities of the Air, Fuel, Lubrication & Cooling Systems Design Engineer
* Design and packaging of Fuel Systems components (low pressure and high pressure components); Lubrication & Cooling components - Integration design of pumps, filters, coolers, sealing systems. Ability to design from concept to production sumps, castings, housings; Exhaust Aftertreatment components - packaging layout, mounting solutions, exhaust pipe, integration of DEF components
* Working directly with the engine architect to identify space claims
* Working with suppliers to develop hardware and mounting solutions
* Conducting FMEA on components and systems to identify and address design risks and determine validation needs.
* Working with the validation team to plan and execute validation tests.
* Conducting component and system design reviews to obtain 'buy-in' from the business to selected components, designs and suppliers.
* Keeping peers, team leader and management up to date with progress against planned activities.
* Development of drawings and other information to support the release of parts onto BOMs and engine lists in preparation for volume production.
* Through this role, the successful candidate will have an excellent opportunity to take part in, and have significant responsibility for, the end-to-end design process for Air, Fuel, Lubrication & Cooling systems. This gives our employees true product ownership and the opportunity to see their products through to volume production.
Qualifications and Experience required for the Air, Fuel, Lubrication & Cooling Systems Design Engineer role
* Strong technical background
* Good understanding of Manufacturing principles & processes
* Design experience in fluid pipe design and castings using 3D CAD (Pro-Engineer CREO)
* Good understanding of engine design
* Knowledge of engine systems
* Experience of running and participating in FMEA
* Knowledge and usage of Team Centre - data management software
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately