|Job Ref:||204682675||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Yorkshire||City:||Knapton||Address:||Post Code:||HR4||Salary:||£29000 - £32500/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:19|
AM Recruitment Ltd |
AM Recruitment are acting on behalf of a client to recruit a full time permanent member of staff. Our Client has a vacancy for a Maintenance Electrician, electrically biased with basic mechanical skills. The role will be based at a large manufacturing factory, with lots of PLC controlled production lines.
The role will involve maintaining production equipment, it is essential that the candidate is electrically qualified and comfortable doing planned and reactive maintenance tasks on production machinery, prioritising breakdowns to minimise disruption to production.
There are a couple of shift patterns available, some Engineers work 36hr over a weekend, other work Monday to Friday day shift and do on call 1 week in 4, which they are paid £200 per week just to be on-call.
- you must drive and have your own transport for getting to and from work
- you need to be available to work a variety of shifts which may include days, nights and weekends working, plus on call 1 week in 4.
- you must be reliable, with excellent record of timekeeping and attendance.
- you need to be electrically qualified and have a 17th Edition qualification
- Basic Mechanical skills a distict advantage, although there will be Mechanical Fitters on shift.
- previous experience of working in a large production / manufacturing environment would be a distinct advantage.
- previous experience and knowledge of working with PLC controlled equipment is an advantage.
- ability to trouble shoot in a breakdown situation, identify quickly the cause of the breakdown.
- work well in a team, you'll be supported by a mechanical maintenance engineer and you'll be required to work together to quickly to minimise downtime.
- willingness to take on extra shifts to cover holidays and sickness is expected, this will be paid at overtime premium.
If you have the skills and experience we are looking for, please forward your CV to Ian Knee ASAP