|Job Ref:||204682614||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Bristol||Address:||Post Code:||BS5||Salary:||£55000 - £70000/annum car allowance, bonus, pension||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:19|
This is an excellent opportunity for a motivated and ambitious Chartered Structural Engineer to join a multi disciplinary engineering consultancy and take the lead of an established regional office in Bristol. |
Founded in 1996, the company have five offices and operate throughout the UK offering civil and structural engineering services to a range of clients across the retail, care, technology, residential and offshore sectors. They are well known for value engineering and pre-development expertise, with a focus on zero to land fill design.
The Bristol office has civil and structural engineering capability and has been identified as an area of growth for the company with plans to increase the size of the office over the next 12 - 18 months.
Reporting to the Operations Director, you will be expected to lead a motivated and effective technical team ensuring that projects are consistently delivered on time and within budget. You will work with other offices within the company to ensure that resources are used effectively maximising efficiency at every opportunity.
The main functions and responsibilities of the role can be described as -
- Responsible for successful delivery of regional office projects, both financially and technically.
- Support the Business Development Manager attending networking events, maintaining client relationships and assisting with strategic direction for new work streams.
- Develop local knowledge of businesses, competitors, and opportunities.
- Represent the organisation in meetings with a variety of external agencies, clients, contractors, consultants, local authorities etc.
- Provide clear technical direction to the team to identify solutions and resolve complex problems.
- Contribute to the overall strategy and development of the business.
- Recruit and retain a motivated and effective workforce, including performance management of the team.
- Oversee and compose Fee Proposals.
Chartered Engineer (MICE or MIStructE) with extensive post graduate structural/civil engineering experience in a consultancy environment.
Experience in managing financial budgets and leading a team of engineers.
Experience in successfully managing multiple projects.
Strong interpersonal skills with experience dealing with external stakeholders and developing new relationships.
Awareness of industry software packages.
Excellent report writing skills.
Sound knowledge of relevant Codes of Practise for design/Health and Safety
Basic salary up to £70,000
10% car allowance + business mileage paid at 45p/mile
25 days holiday
Private health-care for self + family
To discuss this position in more detail, please call Craig Johnston at Girling Jones or submit your CV now using the APPLY button.
Girling Jones Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy