|Job Ref:||204682369||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||St. Neots||Address:||Salary:||£35000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:19|
Established Market leader in the design and manufacturing of Special Purpose Machinery for the food processing industry requires a Project to join their existing team.
The primary duty of the Project Engineer is to take responsibility for contracts from the receipt of order through to completion.
* Review the contract at the outset and check for any discrepancies between our quotation, acknowledgement of order, any proposal drawings, and the customer's specifications and expectations.
* Agree a schedule with the Sales, Technical, Electrical Engineering and Factory Managers that also fits the customer's schedule, and to ensure that all key dates on this schedule are met.
* Supervise the preparation of the layout drawings for the customer to approve.
* Obtain the customers approval of the designs before the detailed design is done.
* Ensure all items to be purchased that may have a long lead time are pre-ordered in time.
* Ensure the project financial milestones are met.
* Supervise the detailed design work.
* If a main system control panel is included ensure that the Electrical Department has sufficient details and time to be able to produce a good quality panel at a good price.
* If the programming of main system control panel is included check the software has been written and thoroughly tested with the control panel prior to delivery.
* Keep a detailed list of all deviations from the quotation and the contract as defined at the time of order. The Sales Engineer is responsible for negotiating all variations in price but can only do so if kept informed.
* Be available to answer questions for the factory at all times and ensure there are no delays through lack of information.
* Check the manufacturing is proceeding as intended. It is never too late to correct a mistake but the earlier it is picked up the lower the cost of rectification.
* Invite the customer to inspect the equipment at a time that suits the manufacture. Ensure that delivery arrangements are made and that all relevant parties are informed.
* Ensure manuals and spares quotations are prepared and sent early.
* Where appropriate supervise subcontractors during installation.
* Commissioning of the equipment.
* Offer a technical backup service for the life of the equipment.
At all times it is essential that the Project Engineer is aware of the status of each of his contracts and that all relevant parties are kept informed. In addition to these duties it will be necessary to help cover for the other Project Engineers when they are absent from the office.
Overnight UK trips and overseas travel may also be a requirement of this position.
Salary Guide: £35,000 - £40,000.
The standard hours of work for this position are 8.30 am to 5:00 pm Monday to Friday. 40 hours
Location: Sandy - St. Neots area
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position