|Job Ref:||204682269||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||County Durham||City:||Hartlepool||Address:||Post Code:||TS26||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:19|
We are working with a Civil/ Structural practice that works on projects in Highways & Infrastructure, Rail, Education, Leisure, Residential, Health and Pharmaceutical Sectors.|
Roles and Responsibilities:
We are looking for a Civil Engineer with a minimum of 24 months relevant post graduate experience to undertake the evaluation and preliminary design of civil engineering infrastructure to support Planning Applications in accordance with British Standard design codes, Regulations, etc. by using the appropriate design software for clients, external professionals and regulatory authorities.
Main Duties Include
• Exercise due care and diligence in all aspects of engineering design and detailing.
• Drawings to be produced using AutoDesk Civil 3D. Calculations to be produced using industry standard software i.e. WinDes by MicroDrainage, Tuflow, HECRAS
• Undertake pre-purchase feasibility studies and resolution of planning conditions including drainage feasibility and highways considerations. Knowledge of design and implication of flood risk assessments and SUD`s techniques advantageous.
• Undertake Drainage Feasibility and Strategy Studies and reports
• Undertake Flood Risk Assessments and reports
• Preparation of 3D ground models for volume calculations, cut and fill exercises, vertical road profiles etc. where necessary
Liaise and communicate with clients and external agencies i.e. Local Lead Flood Authorities, Environment Agency, Highway Authorities and Sewerage authorities etc.
• Undertake site inspections
• Maintain professional development
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales
• Present a professional face and assistance to all visitors, external professionals and clients
• Basic use of Microsoft Office software packages i.e. Excel, Word etc.
Essential Experience :
• 2.1 Degree in an appropriate 'built environment' discipline and working towards membership of the Institution of Civil Engineers or Chartered Institution of Water and Environmental Management.
• Use of Auto Cad/Autodesk Civil 3D
• Working appreciation of Flood Risks and SUDs Drainage principles