|Job Ref:||204682265||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Birkenhead||Address:||Post Code:||CH42||Salary:||£20000 - £26000/annum Van, Mobile, Pension||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:19|
Technical Service Engineer (Forklift)|
Location: Birkenhead, Corby
Competitive Salary package, with Company Van, Pension and Mobile
This UK based firm originated in 1990 and are the industry leading designer and manufacturer of industrial cabs supplying into all major forklift dealerships nationwide. They are currently looking to take on two Technical Service Engineers due to the continued growth of the business.
The principle role of the TSE is to use his skills and experience to fit BMB cabs and canopies to various industrial vehicles. The position and salary is based on up to 5 x 10 hour days (50 hours per week) including road time.
Other parts of the role include:
Wiring of wipers and heaters into the vehicle
investigating non-conformances and reporting back to BMB
attending customer meetings
supporting BMB Design with either measurements or laser scans.
The TSE role is expected to be perform in accordance with BMB and the customer H&S standards.
Responsibilities & Accountabilities
* Travelling to customer sites, arriving on time and in good shape
* Perform customer jobs (fitting, wiring, etc.) independently but according to BMB procedures and best practices.
* Reporting back to BMB TSM, Customer Service and Commercial Manager regarding the result of the job including:
* The particulars of the job in terms of successes and failures o Areas to improve regarding the product and customer experience.
* Utilising the BMB TS Systems including:
* Job Logic TS scheduling systems o MS Outlook software Following the TSE training:
Working with TSM to develop and receive a training plan.
* Training includes areas such as technical, communication, IT, H&S, driving, etc. Control TSE assets including:
* Keeping all assets clean
* Assessment of additional tools for tools, software and hardware to make TSE's more efficient and effective on sight.
* Develop BMB H&S plan, working with RTA Manufacturing Manager
* Commercial van license.
* Excellent hands on metal working skills
* Good degree of electrical know-how for wiring
* Punctual with good manners
* Common sense & customer awareness
* Competent with PC's, handheld devices and software. Team player that takes pride in work.
* Strong communication skills at all levels.
* Hard working and flexibility regarding travel and overnight stays.
* TSE's will use Job Logic effectively...accept and close off all jobs. TSE's On site as per Job Logic schedule.
* TSE's to contact customer before setting off and introduce themselves on site...out of courtesy
* TSE's do Not leave site without permission from TSM or customer.
* Not leave site before 6 PM job is finished. Aware of customer closing times? o If job is not finished and not Friday. Then phone TSM then stay local.
* TSE's work at customers site in a small, organised space and manner TSE's ability to complete risk assessments to ensure they remain safe TSE's to report back on completed jobs using Job Logic and email.
* TSE's to get customer to sign off on every job when completed.
* TSE's to work with BMB, using JL, to investigate problems/providing sufficient details.
* TSE's to keep vans (internally & externally) and other assets clean. TSE's to monitor van stock control systems and carry the parts they need to complete all jobs.
* TSE's are not to take stock from BMB that has not been Dispatched to them.
* TSM will be key holder on site if picking up after hours.
Fork Lift Truck industry experience.
Professional Technical is a specialist recruitment consultancy supporting the engineering recruitment market, developing recruitment partnerships with engineering businesses on a national scale. Professional Technical supply the engineering and technical talent so that our clients can focus on the core elements of engineering. Professional Technical is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy