|Job Ref:||204682238||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Barrow-In-Furness||Address:||Post Code:||LA13||Salary:||£55000 - £65000/annum Relocation assistance||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:19|
PLEASE NOTE: To be considered for this position you must have been born in the UK and currently hold a valid British passport for UK Security Clearance purposes.|
I am working with one of the worlds leading defence, aerospace and security companies, who are currently recruiting for a Electrical Power Engineer on a permanent basis.
The role will give you the opportunity to play a key role in providing technical direction to the design and power systems, and you will act as the technical lead for power systems design. You will also have the chance to consult for power issues on other projects, as well as contributing to future designs.
Key responsibilities include:
- Technical lead for power systems, acting in an advisory capacity to both engineering teams and customers
- Leading design reviews to discuss system integration
- Evaluating power systems design across whole project life cycle, while leading highly skilled groups of engineers to reach design conclusions
- Making sure projects remain on track to deliver technically due to extremely strict deadlines.
You will need to have:
- Degree (or equivalent) in Electrical Power Engineering or related field. Extensive relevant industry experience also considered if degree not held.
- Chartered status
- Experience with electrical power system design
- Providing engineering advice on a consultancy basis
- Strong decision making ability, and strong team player
- Management experience
As stated above, to be considered for this role you MUST have been born in the UK and MUST currently hold a valid in date British Passport