|Job Ref:||204682224||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||North West||Address:||Salary:||£25 - £30/hour||Post Date:||16/10/2016 02:19|
Flood Risk Management Officer |
Carrington West on behalf of their client is recruiting for a Flood Risk Management Officer based in the client's offices in the North West
The main duties of the Flood Risk Management Officer
* Investigate reports of flooding in accordance with current policies, using historical research, on-site investigations and joint working with land owners, partner organisations and other techniques, subject to the circumstances of each flooding incident.
* Appraise development proposals with regard to potential future flood risk and advice within the statutory time frame, also negotiate improved commitments from developers wherever appropriate.
* Manage delivery of identified capital projects (including studies and works) to reduce flood risk to affected communities and key infrastructure, including option appraisal and selection, making funding bids, cabinet/Committee reporting, public engagement, selection & supervision of external & internal resources, liaison with stakeholders, financial programming and management etc.
* Review Land Drainage Consent applications and issue or decline consents within the statutory timeframe
* Providing appropriate responses to enquiries and service requests.
The Flood Risk Management Officer is an initial 3 month contract.
For a full description and further information on the role, please call Jason Kohle at Carrington West on (Apply online only).
If you feel that you are right for this role technically, but the rate, location or seniority does not suit you specifically then please still feel free to send us your CV. We constantly recruit for roles very similar to this one at all levels UK Wide. We are always keen to chat with you discreetly about your employment situation.
Even if you are happy in your current role for now, we always welcome calls from Highways, Traffic & Transportation professionals keen to make their introductions for future months or years. Our specialist team has a combined 40+ years' experience in this market. Please call Jason at Carrington West on (Apply online only) for more information