Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||2016-12358_St. Louis West County, MO||Employer:||Golder Associates||Country:||United States||County/State:||Missouri||City:||St. Louis West County||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 05:00|
Senior Underground Mining Engineer|
*Location:* US-St. Louis West County, MO
US-UT-SALT LAKE CITY
*Job ID:* 2016-12358
*Area of Interest:* EN - Mine Planning and Engineering
*Job Type:* Full Time
*# of Positions:* 1
*Education (Minimum):* Bachelor Degree
*Posted Date:* 9/22/2016
*Experience (Years):* 10
As a global, employee-owned organization with over 50 years of experience, Golder Associates is driven by our purpose to engineer earth's development while preserving earth's integrity. From more than 160 offices worldwide, our over 6500 employees deliver solutions that help our clients achieve their sustainable development goals by providing a wide range of independent consulting, design and construction services in our specialist areas of earth, environment and energy.
Golder Associates Inc. is currently seeking a Senior Underground Mining Engineer.
The Senior Underground Mining Consultant will develop mining consulting and engineering opportunities and strengthen existing client relationships. This includes all facets of project delivery from writing proposals to completing consulting work on projects globally. The consultant will lead mining engineering project teams, provide oversight on project work, and complete mining studies ranging from up-front studies (Scoping Level, PFS, FS), detailed design and operational support services (mine optimization, sustaining capital projects, etc.).
Other aspects of the role include:
* Oversee and provide NI 43-101 and JORC Qualified Person certification of resource and reserve reports as may be appropriate and required.
* Provide mentoring and ensure continuous improvement of skills and professional development of entry-level to senior engineers, geologists, and other project team members.
* Learn and provide leadership in applying Golderâ€™s Code of Conduct and Health & Safety Programs in all aspects of consulting and project planning, management and execution.
* Actively participate in Golder senior leader activities of the Global Mining Consulting Technical Community to grow, coordinate and improve Golderâ€™s Mine Consulting business and Golderâ€™s overall Mining Sector business.
* Willingness for domestic and international travel, at times to remote locations.
* A minimum of 10 years related experience as a consulting engineer or in a technical services role within a mining company. Previous consulting experience is an asset.
* B.S. or M.S. Degree in Mining Engineering. Masters of Business Administration, (MBA), considered an asset.
* Professional Engineer certification or eligible to obtain Qualified Person status for preparing NI43-101 and JORC Technical Reports.
* Recognized as technically proficient in aspects of underground mining. Open Pit mining experience is also considered an asset.
* Prior experience in capital project development or sustaining capital projects at operating mines.
* Experience in due diligence reviews, up-front studies and NI 43-101 Technical Reports.
* Solid working knowledge of mine planning, design and scheduling software packages such as Vulcan, Surpac, Mine2- 4D, Datamine, Minesight, and others.
* Mine engineering experience at an operating underground hard rock mine at a senior level (e.g. Chief Engineer, Technical Superintendent).
* Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with, and influence all levels of the organization.
* Ability to apply business, financial and technical thinking skills.
* Detail oriented but with the ability to think conceptually and strategically when required.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written form, with internal and external stakeholders at all levels.
* Ability to multi-task, prioritize and work effectively with minimal supervision.
* Self-motivated approach to completing tasks and interaction with others.
Global experience is an asset.
- Previous experience managing projects and preparing technical reports.
- Fluent in English with fluency in other languages (e.g. Spanish, French) an asset.
- Qualified to review, update and build new mine design models and packages to client specifications.
- Hold or be eligible to obtain Qualified Person status for preparing NI43-101 and JORC Technical Reports.
Our Staff Benefit from:
An option to purchase shares in Golder Associates
Career and personal development opportunities and support of personal growth
Employee mentoring program
Competitive benefits and remuneration packages
No telephone calls or emails please.
Golder Associates Statement:
Golder Associates Inc. is a drug free employer and undertakes drug and alcohol testing as allowed by law and pursuant to its Drug
Free Workplace Policy. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.