- Develop strategic plans to take advantage of identified opportunities. Develop sustainable, recurring and strategic new business to support growth initiatives;
- Participate in formulating and administering company policies and developing long range goals and objectives;
- Lead multi-disciplinary design project teams and resources for coastal infrastructure projects;
- Co-ordinate with project managers and discipline engineers and ensures consistency in execution of project management activities to assure that client's work is completed on time, on budget and within the quality standards of the firm;
- Conduct advanced analysis and numerical modeling of coastal processes such as currents, waves, storm surge, sediment transport, morphology, wave-current-structure interaction;
- Identifies potential business development with existing clients and takes an active or lead role in the proposal process;
- Applies diversified knowledge of engineering, scientific principles and practices in broad areas of assignment and related fields;
- Contribute to the region through leadership.
- Bachelor's degree in Coastal, Civil, and/or Ocean Engineering; Master's degree is strongly preferred;
- Registered professional engineer;
- Excellent interpersonal, technical writing and communications skills;
- Proven track record in successful execution of all phases of coastal engineering/restoration projects including, planning, design, permitting, construction and monitoring;
- Demonstrable business development and planning including bid preparation;
- Experience with environmental restoration, dredging and disposal and diversion projects a plus.
- Familiarity with port and harbor engineering is beneficial;
- Proficiency in software for analysis of various coastal processes such as SWAN, ADCIRC, Bouss2D, Delft3D, etc.;
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively; build relationships and influence effectively, with colleagues, clients and stakeholders;
- Flexibility to travel periodically.