|Job Ref:||GAR16-5889-H-1||Employer:||General Dynamics US||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||Texas||City:||Garland||Address:||Post Date:||20/10/2016 05:12|
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.|
• Set-up and application of paint, primers, enamel epoxy, etc. materials using automatic and/or conventional methods.
• Read and correctly interpret SOI's and SOP's required in job assignments.
• Responsible for inputting time and labor data into the CIMA system.
• Train other employees in the paint area
• Operation and maintenance of automated and manual paint systems.
• Ability to use Binks or comparable conventional spray equipment, airless spray equipment, drying and/or curing ovens, automatic paint, foot-controlled turn tables, computerized information systems and test equipment for paint systems.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and direct the activities of other employees.
Skills and qualifications required include the following but are not limited to:
• Three (3) years painting experience.
• Use of all instruments and/or gages required to accurately monitor painting and/or chemical processing operations.
• Operate conventional paint guns and associated equipment, automatic paint machines and equipment, drying ovens and/or miscellaneous equipment related to the job tasks.
• Must be able to mix paint and/or primers (enamel, epoxy, etc.) to specific customer and/or mi-spec requirements.
• Functional math skills required to complete job tasks, communication skills and computer skills.
• Automobile paint or detailing experience preferred.
• Elevated temperatures, noise levels which may vary according to the season and job assignment.
• Physically able to lift materials weighing up to 50 lbs and heavier parts with the use of power devices.
• Handling materials up to 900 degrees with proper tools.
• High paced production environment to meet standards.
Painters will be required to paint parts based on the following part specific technique and specifications. Must be proficient in all areas of the job assignment within 30 days.
High School Diploma, GED, Associate's degree preferred.
Good communication skills
Three (3) years painting experience