|Job Ref:||2c4336e019||Employer:||Direct Solutions - Canada||Country:||Canada||County/State:||Ontario||City:||Toronto||Address:||Post Date:||10/10/2016 09:30|
Reports To: Site Superintendent
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-Time
Start Date: ASAP
Provide field and operations support to site superintendent within specified project. Perform all functions and responsibilities in consonance with the company's values and beliefs.
• When the Site Superintendent leaves the site, assume the role of project leader
• Working closing under the guidelines and direction of the Site Superintendent to learn Dominus systems and methods.
• Provide technical engineering information to company supervision and craft employees to ensure project complies with all engineering standards, codes, specifications and design instruction.
• Assist in evaluation and solution of potential field problems, referring them to Site Superintendent
• Assist in plan and spec analysis in order to provide clear traceable and coordinated interpretations of the design/drawings for construction.
• Research and recommend solutions to design document problems, including conflicts, interferences and errors/omissions.
• Monitor field work, including contract work, to ensure compliance with company standards, procedures, specifications and codes.
• Participate in continuous updating and accurate generation of as-built documents. Assist with the research and preparation of field change requests to resolve design issues.
• Review all colour charts / purchaser upgrades. Ensure completeness and accuracy of all aspects related to suite finishing.
• Coordinate works for completion of suites from the metal stud stage to PDI
• Ensure all deficiencies from PDI's are rectified
• Coordinate works for all aspects related to occupancy
• Coordinate all works related to completion of common areas, including, but not limited to amenity spaces, corridors, garage, etc.
• Keep drawings updated and organized
• Maintain construction schedule
• Conduct quality control activities in accordance with instructions, inspections programs, using specified control measuring and testing equipment.
• Prepare drawings and sketches to support construction work as required.
• Understand and perform document control functions in accordance with on-site policy and procedures, including tracking & creating RFIs, transmitting and tracking of submittals, compose agreements, and maintain project expediting list.
• Attend project coordination and owner/contractor/architect/engineer meetings as required.
• Additional duties as assigned
• be aware of all safety issues and try to enforce out on site
• walkthrough with safety consultant weekly representative to become aware
• conduct required safety meetings
Skills, Knowledge, Qualifications & Experience
• Engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training
• Minimum of five years construction experience
• Must have worked on a project worth over $100 million
• High rise residential experience is a must
• Working knowledge of construction equipment and techniques, drawings and specifications, building materials, and required standards applicable to discipline
• Excellent computer skills
• Ability to assume responsibility and to interface and communicate effectively with others
• Effective oral and written communication skills and ability to represent the company and project team in a professional manner to the Owner, Architect, related staff and the community
• Experience with finishing amenity spaces is an asset
We invite you to join us by forwarding your resume to NA (please quote Finishing Superintendent - FS-032015 in subject line). Please submit your resume by March 13, 2015.
We thank all applicants for considering a career with us; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Dominus is a multifaceted Development Manager & Construction Manager, currently operating in the Southern Ontario market. Dominus is recognized as an outstanding builder, dedicated to producing the highest quality products and services, while remaining mindful of the need for being sensitive to community and environmental concerns. Dominus believes that it's comprehensive approach to providing a myriad of services will enable the company to continue to have a competitive advantage and a strong foothold in the marketplace.
In addition, the company's outstanding management team with extensive backgrounds in construction and development management will enable the company to successfully execute its plan. Dominus' excellent management team has a reputation for delivering superior results. Through a network of strategic alliances and partnerships, combined with in-house expertise, management has in a relatively short period of time adopted a leadership role in the industry.