|Job Ref:||1600039A||Employer:||Cummins Inc.||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Country:||United States||County/State:||Indiana||City:||Columbus||Address:||Post Date:||16/10/2016 03:03|
Plant Metallurgist |
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.
Cummins is a team of dependable, innovative thinkers, who are empowered to generate and deliver solutions for customers, community and environment. Our employees develop their careers through the challenges only a diverse, global innovator can promise. This is a collaborative culture where thinking beyond your desk is more than part of the job. It is the job.
This is what we call Working Right.
Our Engine Business Unit delivers reliable, durable, high performing products to our global partners. Working in an innovative space, you'll develop high tech solutions that will fuel your advanced career skill set and empower you to own your career. Our integrated businesses demand the talents and creativity of individuals with a wide range of skills and experience.
This is an exciting opportunity in Columbus, IN for a Plant Metallurgist. Cummins USA is where you can work on industry leading Engineering Projects.
Thinking Beyond your desk includes:
• Applies specialized knowledge of materials science with engineering principles and practices, to identify and advance solutions for design, manufacturing and quality problems. Works with cross functional teams on projects that require, material selection, failure analysis, material characterization, interpretation and writing of specifications, product quality inspections, material process quality audits, material process development, production process validation and material property data. Initiates evaluation and implementation of beneficial emerging material and material processing technology.
• Applies technical expertise on complex components or projects and works under minimal supervision.
• Leads small projects or portions of large projects.
• Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
• Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
• Influences at department or program management level.
• Provides input on program-related decisions.
• Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
• Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
• Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
• Assists with the transfer of knowledge; coaches and mentors less experienced engineers.
Skills & Experience Required:
Minimum of 3 years related industry experience.
Laboratory Test Technology - Metallurgical - The engineer shall have specialized knowledge and experience with basic and advanced chemical & metallurgical lab test technology, to the extent that they are able to drive innovation and provide technical direction for a project team on the characterization of physical, mechanical, chemical and micro structural properties.
Failure Analysis - The engineer shall have specialized knowledge and experience with failure analysis, to the extent that they are able to drive innovation and provide technical direction for a project team to collect the forensic, manufacturing, and service data needed to determine root cause and deliver short / long term counter measures.
Material Characterization Techniques - The engineer shall have diversified knowledge and experience in characterizing materials/substances based upon results of analysis techniques such as identifying atomic structure, nano-scale compositions, surface morphology, and surface chemistry as relevant to the sub-discipline.
Required Education, Licenses or Certifications:
Compensation and Benefits:
Base salary commensurate with experience and bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify:
At Cummins, we are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity in the workplace. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, gender, color, disability, national origin, age, religion, union affiliation, sexual orientation, veteran status, citizenship, gender identity and/or expression, or other status protected by law. Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to think beyond your desk? Apply for this opportunity and start your career at Cummins today.
Not ready to apply, but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: company website .