|Job Ref:||204689611||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Oxfordshire||City:||Wallingford||Address:||Post Code:||OX10||Salary:||£38000 - £40000/annum||Post Date:||17/10/2016 02:58|
Technical Services Project Manager|
Up to £40k
Our Wallingford based client are leaders in their field, running infrastructure workshops and engineering projects associated with their world class hydraulic test facilities at Howbery Park in Wallingford.
They are working with us to source a Technical Services Project Manager to be based in Wallingford, Oxfordshire.
The role is to lead the Technical Services Group who maintain and run all infrastructure, workshops and engineering activities in Wallingford. These facilities support the commercial testing and research work of a team of highly specialised engineers and scientists.
We are looking for someone to lead and manage the Technical Services Group. The Group maintains and runs all the infrastructure, workshops and engineering associated with our world class hydraulic test facilities at Howbery Park - these support the commercial testing and research work of their teams of talented engineers and scientists.
You will manage the Group's highly experienced team of technicians ensuring that priorities and tasks are clear, that internal and external resources are deployed appropriately to handle the workload, and manage the administration associated with running the facilities. You will ensure that the highest HS & E standards are maintained.
No two projects are ever the quite the same which ensures that this job is a constant challenge requiring planning and patience, collaboration with staff from around the company, together with problem solving and practical engineering skills - this is a hands on role. You will be comfortable working from complex technical drawings to turn the theoretical into the practical test solution.
Ideal Candidates for this role:
* Will be experienced/qualified in a "technical" role which might be construction, carpentry electrical or similar.
* Will have experienced managing multiple projects simultaneously
* Will be computer literate with ability to manage schedules on Excel and learn to use in house database.
* Great communicators with ability to manage relationships at all levels
* Practical and resourceful with the ability to "think outside" the box to arrive at practical solutions to a wide range of issues and problems.
* Will be capable of acquiring, or already have the necessary certification to handle heavy machinery including forklifts, diggers, tippers, etc. (not essential).
* Detail conscious with the ability to anticipate "head off" and resolve issues.
Salary will be commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package that includes a minimum 10 per cent employer contribution to the defined contribution pension scheme and permanent health insurance.
They offer 25 days holiday plus three days company holiday per year, flexi-time working arrangements, a childcare voucher scheme, an on-site staff restaurant and an active sports and social club with on-site sporting facilities.
Our client is an equal opportunities employer.
Carpenter, electrician, electrical, engineering, builder, construction, project manager, building manager