|Job Ref:||204689483||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Construction||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Chelmsford||Address:||Post Code:||CM2||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum car/ allowance & benefits package||Post Date:||17/10/2016 02:58|
Estimator - Civils/ Groundworks|
£45,000 to £55,000 per annum plus car/ allowance and generous benefits package
AGEST(Apply online only)
Due to expansion this opportunity has come available because my client is looking to add a brand new additional position within their Estimating team; they are recruiting for a Estimator with Civil Engineering or Groundworks experience to join them.
This is an excellent and rare chance to join this company; over their 50 year history they have forged a strong reputation for delivering projects on behalf of its client base, with continued growth over this period into a medium size contractor with a £30 million turnover. This company also has a personal approach to its employees, the company provides a friendly and financially secure work environment and prides itself on keeping their staff turnover to a minimum. You will be reporting directly to the Commercial and Pre-Construction Directors working predominantly independently on your own project alongside their other members of the Pre-Construction division.
This contractor completes a range of works within Groundworks/ Civil Engineering including; Earthworks, Surfacing, Infrastructure, Drainage, Roads, Concrete and RC Frame work packages with contracts ranging up to c£5 Million each. Project focus is locally within Essex mainly. This role is a rarely available opportunity and will suit a professional looking to continue their career with a well-regarded, highly respected contractor, working on local projects in a leadership role with a very competitive salary package.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* To take the lead in preparing the pricing element of tenders
* With the Bid Manager, developing the tender strategy and managing the financial submission
* Contributing to risk assessment and ensuring all risks are included within the tender
* Assuring accuracy, competitiveness and compliance of tenders
* Supporting the Bid Manager in bid negotiations
Skills and Requirements:
* 4 years + in Estimating/ Cost Planning roles
* Experience with a recognised Civil Engineering/ Groundworks Contractor
* Proven track record pricing tenders up to the value of £5m
* Conquest Estimating Software experience preferred but not essential
* Currently have the right work in the UK & live a commutable distance of Chelmsford
Please call or email Adam Goss for more information