|Job Ref:||204689663||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Dorset||City:||Poole||Address:||Post Code:||CW5||Salary:||£40000/annum with benefits||Post Date:||17/10/2016 02:23|
As a Chief Inspector, you will be joining a leading manufacturer of machined components using the latest machining technology to produce components to a very high standard, predominantly for the aerospace industry.|
Purpose of Role
* To ensure the QMS of the business [QMM/POLICY/BOCS] are managed & maintained to compliance of all customer quality requirements & AS9100 [Latest Revision] certification.
* To ensure the quality & business objectives are achieved, improved & where failure is recorded, implement & manage corrective & preventative action[s].
* To strictly monitor & maintain customer requirements in respect of product quality & metrics, providing corrective action & preventative solutions.
* Deputise [all duties & responsibilities] for the Quality Manager.
* To advise on resource [man/equipment/technology].
* To maintain an excellent level of product quality to customer per customer expectations.
Responsibilities to include
* To uphold company policies as documented in the Business Strategy.
* To ensure correct practise, legalities and responsibilities in respect of the QMS/H&S/EMS are maintained.
* To manage the Inspection Department in respect of quality of manufactured products, efficiency, 5C, resource[HR-including overtime]
* Manage internal and external auditing activities.
* To initiate, manage and document all internal [PPT] corrective actions to ensure robust RCCA is effective and production management is not compromised.
* To ensure product non conformity is communicated to the production engineers in a timely manner.
* To monitor performance of all direct manufacturing operatives[workshop daily patrol] in respect of quality and recommend training, or corrective action as appropriate to secure sales and performance objectives.
* To ensure employee training is identified, managed and documented accurately and timely [BOCS-24]
* FIFO management to ensure production flow to sales & production schedule[s]
With the salary comes an excellent benefits package which includes:-
25 days holiday plus bank and public holidays and up to 20 paid sick days available under Company sick pay. A Group Pension Scheme is also available, as well as Life Assurance