WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff, one of the world's leading engineering and professional services consulting firms, provides services designed to transform the built environment and restore the natural one. The firm's expertise ranges from environmental remediation and urban planning, to engineering iconic buildings and designing sustainable transport networks, to developing the energy sources of the future and enabling new ways of extracting essential resources. Approximately 34,000 employees, including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors, program and construction management professionals, as well as various environmental experts, work for this dynamic organization in more than 500 offices across 40 countries worldwide. NA |
WSP | Parsons Brinckerhoff Disaster Services is seeking candidates to fill day-shift/night-shift/mid-shift positions in the Quality Assurance Department located in Winchester, VA. Positions will remain open until filled.
• Identification and reporting of quality data internally and externally
• Primary responsibility for oversight of Review Queue production; heavy involvement in Review Queue production
• Proactive interaction with field staff, QC processes, NPSC, No Contact, Customer Service and Production departments
• Assists in reconciliation and special project research as needed
• Ensures adherence across the project to FEMA and PB Codes of Conduct
• Ability to communicate effectively in writing to develop and write work procedures, policies, reports, instructions, briefings and other documents.
• Ability to work among a diverse staff in effectively meeting program goals and unexpected workload changes related to disaster assistance activities.
• Maintain a familiarity with the FEMA software, implement new program updates and advise appropriate staff of any program changes
• Assigning and reviewing work with subordinates, training and working effectively with subordinates from a variety of backgrounds and with different levels/areas of training
• Assign and review the work of subordinates to ensure they are producing the quality and quantity of work expected within set limits of cost and time.
• Field questions and provide guidance for internal and external customers
• Other duties as assigned
U.S. Citizenship required for all positions. WSP |Parsons Brinckerhoff is an Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V. The selected candidate must undergo a pre-employment drug screening. As a contractor to FEMA, we require all selected candidates to undergo a criminal background investigation and fingerprint analysis. Only candidates who rate favorably will be selected for employment.
• Prior experience with NEMIS and ACE 4 software is preferred
• 2-4 years of experience in related field
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office systems and data base software systems is required
• The ideal candidate will be one who is flexible due to varying schedules/shift, willing to travel and able to work overtime (overtime is required)
• The ability to provide excellent customer service to exterior as well as internal clients is a priority
EOE - Minority / Female / Veteran / Disability / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity