|Job Ref:||143010BR||Employer:||AECOM||Country:||Qatar||City:||Doha||Address:||Post Date:||30/09/2016 11:42|
Why Choose AECOM?
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees - including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals - serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine's annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World's Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients' projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion. More information on AECOM and its services can be found at ;NA.
About the Business Line
Our talented experts are dedicated to managing the complexity inherent in construction projects, catering to each client's unique needs. We provide services such as program management, construction management and owner's representation to our clients around the globe.
AECOM seeks to hire a Mechanical Engineer with expert experience in HVAC and Fire Fighting packages for a major mixed use development project in Qatar. The incumbent will coordinate with other engineering departments to manage the contractors' work, ensuring progress of work as per project plan and manage client expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities Include:
• Estimates, prepares and assigns the resources such as manpower, materials, consumables, equipment, tools, etc., required for all HVAC and Fire Fighting Mechanical and related works prior to execution.
• Plans and analyses all possible construction methodologies and recommends the best options to the MEP Manager for approval prior to execution at site.
• Interprets construction drawings and studies the contract documents and applicable standards or specifications prior to execution of any jobs.
• Manages directly and provide engineering and technical supports to all the Mechanical work groups at site.
• Plans the execution of all HVAC and Fire Fighting Mechanical related works and coordinates the works to Electrical and civil groups.
• Assign targets for accomplishments and ensure targets are met on daily basis for all Mechanical groups at site.
• Submits site daily reports, inspection requests, estimates and all applicable monitoring reports on regular basis or as required.
• Supports the MEP Manager in accomplishing all the goals and targets for the Mechanical scope at the site.
• Ensures that all the works done are in accordance with the approved construction drawings, contract documents, project specifications, and all applicable standards whether local, national or international standards.
• Ensures that all site works are done according to all applicable quality standards.
Directly responsible for the safety of all Mechanical groups' personnel of the project by ensuring that the project execution will be done according to all applicable health, safety, sanitary and environmental standards.
• Carrying out all HVAC and Fire Fighting Mechanical Works and equipment installation activities
Attends regular meeting with client, civil engineers and consultant to provide update on project progress.
• Pre-resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems at site that may arise at any time.
• To collaborate with cost control and planning department in preparing the daily progress reports
• Able to lead site personnel to execute and completion of job on time at site
Performs other related duties as may be required by the MEP Manager.
The candidate must hold a Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering.
What We Offer
AECOM is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and business skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It's a place where you can apply your skills to some of the world's most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects worldwide. It's a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people. It's what makes AECOM a great place to work and grow. AECOM is an Equal Opportunity Employer.