|Job Ref:||JSNPIPM||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cannock||Address:||Post Code:||WS11||Salary:||£ 40,000 - £ 45,000 per year, Benefits Package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:18|
Project Manager Position working within the automotive industry for a leading first tier supplier on a permanent basis based in Staffordshire. As a Project Manager in this position you will be responsible for supporting New Product / Engineering Change Requests including identifying new and innovative productive solutions for new product lines. Manage pre-volume builds and support customer activity to 90 days SOP. This position will be working a 39 hour week on a day shift, offering a competitive salary and excellent benefits package including on site parking.|
* Product / Process Development Accountable:- Managing the product design (where applicable), process design & development (inc... feasibility) and introduction in line with QCD deliverables for each allocated project working in-line with the system
* Providing quotation support for Pressing / assembly processes to include concepts, layouts and cycle times as required
* Customer Interface Accountable:- Providing commercial teams / program manager with accurate cost and timing feedback for products and changes during the enquiry and program phase
* Preparing and maintaining detail project timing plans across all projects under the scope of their responsibility
* Ensure accurate and up-to-date timing plans are made available from all supply routes and support functions
* Preparation of Pressing / assembly and special purpose equipment SOR's to enable purchasing to obtaining quotations
* Supporting the nomination and kick-off process for Pressing / assembly and special purpose equipment
* Supporting the follow up of Pressing / assembly / special purpose / tooling equipment suppliers as required and ensuring adherence to agreed planning
* Co-ordinating the preparation of DFMEA / PFMEA and process planning documentation via plant project , project quality and new tool engineering
* Chairing DFMEA / PFMEA meeting with support functions
* Escalating risks / issues to program management in a timely manner
* Reporting project status to program management in accordance with scheduled project and program reviews and reporting formats
* Following and maintaining project processes and documentation (E.g. Project Gateway using GPCS system)
* Attending customer PMST meetings using prescribed action / timing log
* Charing weekly Plant based weekly review meeting
* Lead and co-ordinate internal process run @ rate and process buy off
* Support project to 90 days post SOP
Skills, Qualifications and Experience
* Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish and maintain credibility with internal and external supplier & customers at all levels.
* Be able to conduct and conclude negotiations with customers in a structured and constructive manner.
* Manage and motivate the individuals within the project team.
* Manage complex and long term projects to reach pre-determined objectives in quality, cost and delivery.
* Knowledge of project financial requirements and constraints and be able to demonstrate the ability to manage and control those budgets within agreed target levels.
* A thorough knowledge and understanding of high volume automotive manufacturing with specific attention to engineering processes.
* Qualified to Degree or equivalent level in an engineering or manufacturing related subject.
* 5 years' experience in a similar role within an automotive high volume environment.
* Good computer skills specifically Microsoft Office and potentially SAP and PDM applications.
* Second language is desirable.
* Previous experience working with OEM's such as JLR, Nissan, Toyota & BMW advantageous
Skills, Behaviors and Attributes desirable
* Effective communicator of information both verbally and in written form
* An enthusiastic individual who is driven and motivated
* Able to plan/prioritise own and others work
* Thorough and logical problem solving
* Ability to effectively lead and influence a team
* Foresee problems and proactively instigate corrective actions
* Able to work away from home on occasions - UK and Europe
* Professionally presentable to the Customer
39 hours basic. Monday - Friday. A flexible approach to working hours is essential due to the nature of the role.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.