Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||CHRFDE56||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Norwich||Address:||Post Code:||NR3||Salary:||£ 20 - £ 25 per hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:18|
Design Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading manufacturing business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of radiator / cooling system technology? Do you have a experience of taking customer requirements, through design into production? Have you got a background of working in a fast paced manufacturing environment? If you are seeking an exciting technical challenge then this is the contract role for you!
You will play a key role in the design and development of products which meet customer requirements and comply with the appropriate standards. You will produce detail design solutions and manufacturing drawings from concept designs. Specifically design cooling packages by collating correct customer information and aligned with the Group engineering best practices.
* Tracking projects to ensure on-time, on-budget completion.
* Collate required data from multiple sources to be able to design cooling packages.
* Liaise with key suppliers to ensure accurate and up to date costings are maintained.
* Utilise appropriate tools for sizing of cores, selection of fans and costing of packages, etc.
* Compile Technical Files to support designs.
* Compile and present quotations to customers.
* Cross check designs and quotations from colleagues.
* Comply with the company's ISO9001 quality procedures manual at all times.
* Comply with the compan's EH&S procedures at all times.
* Any other reasonable duties requested by the Engineering Manager.
* Knowledge of engineering standards, CE marking and ATEX
* A good understanding of mechanical design principles for fabricated, machined, cast and hand assembled products.
* Experience within a mechanical engineering environment.
* Previous experience with using CAD programmes, preferably autocad and inventor. Other similar packages will be considered.
* Previous experience in an applications or engineering department is highly desired.
This is an awesome opportunity to be part of a leading business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.