|Job Ref:||CHRFPCE426||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Stafford||Address:||Post Code:||ST17||Salary:||£ 35 per hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:18|
Process Control Engineer required on a contract basis to join an industry leading Manufacturing business.|
Are you looking for an exciting opportunity at the forefront of engine manufacturing technology? Do you have a background in process control within a manufacturing / production environment? Are you able to demonstrate a "Hands On" approach to process control? Do you have the ability to drive process stability improvement in both Machining and Assembly environments?
You will be focused on the improvement of process control on site with the aim of ensuring processes are robust, capable and reliable. The successful candidate will be Activities will focus on Current process in terms of Process controls (Poke Yoke, IPV, New Technologies etc.) The Current Process Control Documentation will require improvement to ensure it is Correct, Driving Stability / Reliability and that all PFMEA RPN's are identified for current or future actions. Activity Prioritisation will be driven based on the "Built In Quality" (BiQ) Key Defect and Rework Time concerns within the Production Environment.
* Manage and Develop a Team of process improvement engineers in process control techniques.
* Operate in an Engine Machining and Assembly Production Environment.
* Work with the Quality Assurance Team to ensure that process improvement is focused on Key Defect / High Rework Time causal areas within the Production Environment.
* Work with Product Engineering team to identify critical characteristics and measure process to ensure it is capable.
* Develop further SPC and Cp / CpK Capability.
* Undertake a full review and improvement of current Process Flow Documents (PFD), Process Failure Mode Effect Analysis (PFMEA), Control Plans (CP) and Standard Work Instructions (SWI).
* Translate Quality Concerns & Key Process Characteristics into effective PFD, (PFMEA), CP's and Detailed SWI's to drive control and repeatability within the process.
* Introduce effective control measures (Eg Poke Yoke, In Process Validation (IPV), New Technologies etc.) to processes.
* Work with QA team to define key process Audit points in the process. (SWI, SPC, etc)
* Understand the relationship between Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and process / product introduction and improvement.
* Previous and prove experience in a Process Control role.
* Experience of Automotive Industry Action Group (AIAG) Requirements.
* Experience of ISO9001 and/or TS16949.
* Experience of APQP.
* 6 Sigma black belt trained desired.
* Degree in an engineering discipline desired but not essential.
* Have a strong customer focus.
* Display flexibility and carry out a variety of complex tasks.
* Previous experience of APQP.
This is a great opportunity to be part of a leading manufacturing business which offers an interesting, varied and exciting workload coupled with a motivated and passionate culture. You will be part of a small, friendly team working together to deliver programmes that are critical to the long-term success of a respected, global company.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.