|Job Ref:||JSTOOLENG||Employer:||Randstad||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Cannock||Address:||Post Code:||WS11||Salary:||£ 35,000 - £ 40,000 per year||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:18|
Process Tooling Engineer position currently available with a global and leading automotive first tier supplier based in Cannock. As a Process Tooling Engineer you will be required to support the introduction of new processes into the press shop. The position is working a day's shift offering a competitive salary and benefits package, overtime & weekend work is available.|
This will include but are not limited to:
* Identifying Opportunities regarding the improvement of new / Current Plant Tools to support the SMED Activity, driving through improvement actions.
* Identify and schedule improvement opportunities regarding SMED development etc.
* Identifying Opportunities regarding the improvement of new / Current Plant Tools to support the reduction of rework in Plant, driving through improvement actions.
* Support introduction of new tooling into Plant/Production including Procurement & Development.
* Review and support component feasibility with regards to tooling processes.
* Support 'A' Layout reviews.
* Support Tooling design reviews from a plant perspective.
* Supporting tooling buy off activity.
* Support engineering changes to die tooling.
* Material reduction/ identify opportunities.
* Check /improve run at rate.
* Reduce downtime with improvements to equipment i.e. fingers, process etc.
Qualifications and Experience Required
* Ideally HNC/Degree qualified in an engineering discipline.
* To have experience in a metal pressing or automotive environment.
* Ability to develop and successfully achieve project timing requirements.
* General computer literacy with a working knowledge of all relevant software packages such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Project.
* Ability to plan and manage resources to achieve objectives and priorities despite conflicting agendas and multiple deliveries.
* Must be committed to ensuring that Health & Safety is of paramount importance.
* Experience and understanding of SMED and OEE.
Skills, Behaviours and Competencies
* Capable of working autonomously with objectives being set by the press shop manager.
* Interpersonal skill level capable of communicating at all levels.
* Possess the ability to lead and motivate a team, bring in out the best in all.
* Demonstrates a positive attitude towards change, with a willingness to be flexible and adapt to new circumstances.
* Proactively seek to take responsibility for their own development without reliance upon others with regard to the knowledge required to perform fully and well.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
qualification Ideally HNC/Degree qualified in an engineering discipline.