|Job Ref:||CF1609161||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Maidenhead||Address:||Post Code:||SL6||Salary:||£ 45,000 - £ 50,000 per year, plus package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:24|
Permanent Health & Safety Advisor required for a tier one principal contractor to initially work on a major highway project in the Maidenhead area.|
My client is a well-renowned and successful main contractor with a strong forward order book of work in the civils & infrastructure sector. They are involved in a number of high-profile projects and are able to offer prospective employees excellent training & development opportunities as well as fantastic career progression.
The project you will be working on is to increase road capacity by converting a 52km stretch of motorway to a 4 lane 'All Lane Running Motorway'. It is one project within Highways England's programme to upgrade and increase capacity of the existing motorway network in England.
As Health & Safety Advisor you be working on one of three sections of work on the circa £500m scheme underneath a Health & Safety Manager and alongside a number of Health & Safety Administrators.
The role is initially to support the advance surveys required for the project during the design and development phase, the majority of which is site based and includes night time working. Administrative works may be carried out at the company's head office in Watford. The construction works commence in late 2017 with a central office base near Maidenhead, Berkshire and it is anticipated that the individual would be sufficiently flexible to move onto the scheme once it goes live.
* Promote a positive health & safety culture focused on accident prevention.
* Identify and implement industry best practice.
* Provide safety support to the project team.
* Develop and implement strong management principles & procedures.
* Reduce the safety, health and environmental risks to all persons who may be affected by the project.
* Ensure the company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies are adhered to.
The successful candidate will ideally possess:
* Experience working on highways/road projects (desirable).
* Good knowledge and experience of IT software packages, Excel, Word, Power Point.
* Strong interpersonal skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong self-planning and organisational skills.
* Effectively manage own time/prioritise work load.
* A practical and theoretical understanding of OHSAS 18001 health and safety management standard (essential).
* NEBOSH certificate (minimum)/diploma (ideally).
* Grad IOSH.
Salary: £40,000 - £50,000 basic salary plus a generous benefits package.
Location: Maidenhead, Berkshire.
Click apply or for further information on this exciting opportunity please call Chris on NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.