|Job Ref:||BDBRCRG1v2||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Reading||Address:||Salary:||£ 7.55 per hour||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:27|
Care Support Driver|
Part Time - 19.5 hours per week - Fixed Term Contract - 31 March 2017 - Vehicle Provided
Up to £7.55 per hour
Are you a highly driven and motivated worker seeking a new career within a international leading company? Are you looking for an employer that will offer you excellent benefits and clear career progression? Are you looking for a new part time role? Don't look anywhere else; we have the perfect role for you which you can start right now.
Our client, one of the worlds housing, care and support services companies, has an exiting opportunity for an experienced worker, to contribute positively towards their vibrant team in central Reading.
* Monday, Thursday and Friday 13.45 - 17.00 and 17.30 - 20.45
* Experience with a leading company
* On site parking
* Amazing holiday
* Work within a busy environment
* Superb company and sector training
Due to travel requirements, the successful candidate must hold a full valid driving licence and have access to transport.
This role is a very varied position, where the main role will be to pick a patient up at the Hospital and provide transport and support, at the point of discharge from A&E, to older or vulnerable patients. Some of your responsibilities include:
* Transport people home from hospital, in a wheelchair accessible vehicle, settling them in and assisting with low level support tasks and their well being.
* A reasonable level of physical fitness is required to push wheelchairs up ramps, secure and tie down wheelchairs in accordance with manual handling requirements
* Complete next day follow up calls to service users to check on their well-being, logging any concerns and signposting on if required
* Support A&E Departments with additional duties ie medication collections, emotional support during times when the crews are not responding to referrals.
* To complete daily vehicle checks and ensure CQC compliancy
* To signpost patients to other organisations as required and highlight any concerns as appropriate.
* Handling and securing of monies in line with Society procedures
* Maintain visibility and develop excellent working relationships within the hospital
* Maintain accurate and comprehensive records of service delivery and maintain service user confidentially at all times
* Maintain accurate logs relating to vehicles - recording mileage/vehicle checks/ CQC compliance/ reporting accidents and near misses.
* To complete all mandatory training as per the post requirements
The current environment is filled with enthusiastic and motivated individuals. If you are interested in joining their customer focused team you first must:
* Work within a team
* Customer focused
* Understanding of the needs of vulnerable people
* Ability to undertake moving and handling tasks
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a career minded individual who is seeking progression and development with a market leading organisation.
This role will be open for the next couple of weeks, so if you are interested in applying for this great position, please do not hesitate to apply by using the button below. Alternatively please call and speak with Becky Davage on NA0 if you are interested.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.