Vacancy has expired
|Job Ref:||VCJ84631||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Contract||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||London||Address:||Post Code:||WC1A||Salary:||£ 280 - £ 350 per day||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:24|
Urban Design Officer- Place Shaping|
Are you looking for a contract position that offers you a 3.5 days week assignment working with in the place shaping team with a London Authority?
A Central Llondon Authority is looking to recruit an urban designer to assist with a year long project dealing with various aspects of Place Shaping. The suitable candidate woudl be contracted for 3.5 days per week on a years contract.
The suitable candidate would be:
* Bringing together a coherent picture of existing plans, proposals and studies for all infrastructure
* Working with developers and public agencies to develop public realm standards
* Working with developers and public agencies to help develop the overall look and feel and 'brand' for the housing zone.
* Developing plans for enterprise and employment spaces, focussed on delivering a range of affordable work and business space and in a way that meets the needs of local people and skills
* Developing plans for the creative and cultural offer, engaging advice and support as appropriate.
* Developing plans for infrastructure in the area including energy, waste, broadband, transport, social and community
* Ensuring the needs of the Housing Zone are reflected in the emerging Local Plan
* Linking in partners and other parts of the council into the Housing Zone programme
* Building relationships and ensuring appropriate integration with neighbouring and nearby regeneration programmes.
* Commissioning specialist studies, research and advice as and when appropriate
* Developing urban design proposals and standards and advising on major, complex development applications in the Housing Zone
* Promoting the work and wider aims and objectives of the Council.
If this position is something that maybe of interest, please forward your CV to me as the client is looking to interview ASAP. Rate is based upon a daily between £280- 350 per day.
Please refrain in sending portfolios through as the client would only want to review CV's at this stage.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.