|Job Ref:||RAN32577||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Sunderland||Address:||Post Code:||CA13||Salary:||£ 36,000 - £ 42,000 per year, Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:24|
Looking for a career change in the North East? Wanting to work with a regional housebuilding client with major growth plans? Currently working closely with a high end residential developer based in the North East that are hoping to add a Quantity Surveyor to their growing commercial team. The successful candidate would be expected to manage the commercial delivery of up to 4 sites. The client in question is aiming to double unit output over the next 2 years, therefore candidates joining now will be well placed to progress quickly.|
* Procurement of subcontractors in line with schedule, including issuing tender enquiries, detailed analysis of subcontractor quotations, making recommendations for the appointment of subcontractors, placing Subcontract orders to facilitate accurate final account projections, overall cost control and holding pre-start meetings.
* Producing site specific scopes of work
* Use of software to raise subcontract orders, produce subcontractor payments, download monthly cost reports and prepare PFA's.
* Valuation of subcontract works, certification of payments and issuing of withholding notices where appropriate.
* Agreement of subcontractor final accounts.
* Producing monthly CVR's and accurate final account projections in excel and on COINS.
* Identifying opportunities or threats and assessing the financial effect on profit margin should these be realised.
* Identifying value engineering solutions to reduce construction costs to maximise profit.
* Agreeing preliminary budgets with the site team and management.
* Undertaking all commercial activities in accordance with the commercial reporting timetable.
* To ensure the commercial delivery of multiple construction projects at any one time as well as achieving the monthly key deadline dates as outlined in the commercial calendar.
If you would like to discuss this role confidentially please feel free to call Ciaran McElhinney at Randstad's Newcastle office on NA.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor Newcastle Construction Residential
qualification BSc Quantity Surveying