|Job Ref:||PQS220916||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Dorset||Address:||Post Code:||DT8||Salary:||£ 60,000 - £ 70,000 per year, Bonus + Package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:24|
An experienced Project Surveyor required to join a rapidly growing development and construction company based in Dorset.|
Reporting directly to the Managing Director, you will work side-by-side with the Project Manager and be jointly responsible for a project from beginning to end. This is a fulfilling, involved and extremely hands-on role within an expanding and progressive company.
About the role
The Project Surveyor will:
* Manage all costs relating to a Construction and/or Civil Engineering project, from the initial feasibility and budget completion, to final accounts.
* Manage your own profit and loss and be jointly accountable for accurate and timely financial reporting alongside the Project Manager.
* Negotiate and lead meetings with Contractors / Sub-contractors to secure the most cost effective arrangement.
* Minimize the costs of a project and enhance value for money, while still achieving the required standards and quality.
* Work closely with the Project Manager and report to the Managing Director and Chief Financial Officer regarding performance risk, value management and cost control accuracy at all stages of the project from inception to completion.
* Ensure that all activities relating to the project are delivered to the agreed programme, budget and performance specifications.
* Prepare tender and contract documents.
What we are looking for:
* Degree educated in Quantity Surveying / RICS
* Extensive in-depth experience of Quantity Surveying, associated procedures and practices, in the Construction and Residential Housing Sector in the UK
* Demonstrable experience in Project and Budget Management, Construction Procurement and Collaborative / Partnership Working.
* Possess a good knowledge of Risk Qualification experience.
* Strong knowledge, understanding and appreciation of construction costs, measurement techniques and budget creation processes for Board approval.
* An ambitious, strong and effective negotiator.
* Pro-active and driven to deliver.
* A desire to be hands on, fully accountable and to be site based and performance and share in their pride and passion in delivering great architecture and buildings.
How you'll be rewarded:
* A competitive salary
* A personalised bonus and Incentive scheme after 3 month probation period is successfully completed
* 20 days annual leave per annum + Bank Holidays (pro-rata)
* 2 additional days annual leave per annum after 2 years of service
* 3 days annual leave between Christmas and New Year
* Workplace pension scheme
* Great discounts on shopping, travel and cinemas
* Long Service Awards
* Childcare Voucher Scheme
* Professional subscriptions (payment of one relevant annual membership fee)
* Mothercare vouchers for all expectant parents
* Land Introduction bonus
* Contribution to relevant training courses
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor, Dorset, Developer, Construction, Commercial, Residential, Retirement, Care Homes