|Job Ref:||SB220916||Employer:||Randstad||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||Exeter||Address:||Salary:||£ 50,000 - £ 60,000 per year, Package||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:25|
A market leading, niche, developer require a Senior Quantity Surveyor to join their busy team in their regional office in Exeter.|
Responsible for the financial control of up to three contracts from inception to completion in accordance with company policies. The role includes all commercial duties associated with the construction of sheltered accommodation.
Internal relationships with the Construction Department, site teams, architects, accountants, Group Procurement Manager and the Regional Managing Director.
External relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and consultants;
Forming good working relationships is an essential part of this role. Tact and the ability to influence others are important for agreeing trading terms and contract value negotiation.
* Preparation of construction budgets within a given timescale using a COINS OA software system.
* Measuring drawings, taking off quantities, preparing schedules, estimates and other working documents. This requires the ability to read and understand architect drawings, specification documents and standard detail drawings.
* Sourcing of suitable subcontractors / suppliers and issuing tender enquiry documents.
* Holding tender clarification meetings with subcontractors when required.
* Appraising tenders and negotiating proposed order values.
* Taking site and office based pre-start meetings with selected subcontractors to ensure that the proposed works will be carried out in accordance with the subcontractor order, relevant company specification and current legislation.
* Creating and issuing subcontractor contracts using the CRL standard form of contract. Attention to be given to reducing areas of risk and claims for extras. All subcontractor orders are to be authorised by the Commercial Manager where Surveyor / Buyer authorisation levels are exceeded.
* Material procurement of all required items. This will involve issuing enquiries, evaluating quotations and issuing orders on COINS OA.
* Managing monthly subcontractor payments. This will include carrying out on-site valuations, re-measurement of works and negotiation.
* A Cost Value Reconciliation (CVR) report is to be produced for each development on a monthly basis.
* Agreement of subcontractor final accounts upon completion of the contract. This is followed by the release of retention monies where applicable.
* Provide commercial advice and support to others within the company.
* Considerable financial responsibility will be involved with most aspects of the role.
* Resolving contractual disputes that may arise.
* Attending regular construction and pre-budget meetings. This could possibly include travelling to other regional offices.
* The Surveyor/ Buyer has a certain amount of freedom of action and is expected to use initiative and experience to ensure the best outcome for CRL at all times. All undertakings are to be made in accordance with company policies.
* Information held by the Surveyor / Buyer on build costs and specification is to be kept confidential.
* The Surveyor / Buyer is responsible for ensuring that all drawing revisions are forwarded to relevant subcontractors/suppliers when issued by the CRL Technical Dept.
The ideal candidate will have:
* Negotiation skills
* Experience in measuring drawings, preparing bills of quantities and using standard surveying techniques.
* Knowledge of COINS OA
* Minimum HNC or equivalent.
* A related professional body membership (RICS / MOICB).
* Self motivation
* Ability to organise and prioritise workloads.
* The ability to integrate with others and work as part of a team.
* Ability to work under pressure / meet deadlines.
Medium sized privately owned developer
Stable company with low turnover
Competitive salay and package
Ifr you are interested in the position please apply. There will be a 2 stage interview process which I will help you prepatre for.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
skills Quantity Surveyor, Dorset, Developer, Construction, Commercial, Residential, Retirement, Care Homes, Buyer