|Job Ref:||28297BR||Employer:||Black & Veatch||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||Canada||City:||Toronto||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 01:03|
Position title: Technical Field Ambassador |
Name of organization: Black & Veatch Canada
Business address: 50 Minthorn Blvd, Suite 501, Markham, Ontario L3T 7X8
Wages: $62,000 CAD - $64,000 CAD / year
Terms of employment: Full-time, permanent, 40 hours/week, Monday to Friday
Benefits: Medical Benefits, Paid Vacation and Holidays, Retirement Allowance, Global Ownership Program, Life Insurance, Eligible for discretionary bonus
Work location: 50 Minthorn Blvd, Suite 501, Markham, Ontario L3T 7X8
Please apply online at: NA
Email address: NA
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
As Technical Field Ambassador (NOC 2231 - Civil Engineering Technologist), the incumbent will facilitate communication between the public and project team for all construction projects. He/she will be accessible at all times via email and phone.
Duties will include, but not be limited to:
• Serving as an accessible public information liaison for all construction projects included within the program, developing rapport with construction teams, residents, and business owners, using knowledge of the City of Toronto's communication protocols;
• Preparing and delivering construction notices prior to work taking place, or ensuring that notices have been delivered through random visits when circumstances make personal delivery impractical;
• When requested, conducting surveys / inspections / visits to local residents, institutions, and businesses, as time allows, in order to ensure early identification of issues (e.g. CIPP odour issues, noise, dust, property damage, service interruptions, concerns, etc.) and expedite their resolution; maintaining an issues log.
• Visiting residents, institutions, and businesses in person and serving as a point of contact for any concerns or issues raised through the project hotline or in person;
• Working closely with citizens, construction teams and City staff to resolve any issues;
• Recording all interactions with the public in a detailed "Public Daily Repor1 Log", and documenting the issues and their resolution, including taking photographs when possible;
• Attending the pre-construction meeting and any construction meetings as required for coordination purposes;
• Initiating and leading meetings with stakeholders and 3rd party utility companies;
• Distributing information promptly to all relevant team members and following up frequently to ensure that issues are resolved as quickly as possible;
• Providing monthly updates to the project team at site meetings, including detailed reports.
Requires a bachelor's degree in engineering from either a recognized accredited program in their home country or the country in which the professional is practicing.
All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Preferred Job Qualifications
• College or university degree in Civil Engineering, required;
• Must have complete working knowledge of construction activities for open cut sewer repairs and CIPP sewer repairs, acquired through a minimum of 1 year of work experience in sewer rehabilitation projects;
• Must have working knowledge of lateral lining techniques, CIPP Sewer lining and CIPP Spot Repairs for mainline sewers and lateral connections;
• Ability to understand in detail communication bylaws and city permits for RODARs and ROP, required;
• Must have an understanding of CIPP process and resulting complications of poor installation, being able to anticipate when problems will occur, and acting responsibly and promptly to resolve the situation with contractor and public stakeholder;
• Strong communication and computer skills.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Disabled/Veterans/Females