|Job Ref:||204690111||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Essex||City:||Tilbury||Address:||Post Code:||RM18||Salary:||£32000 - £38000/annum + Benefits||Post Date:||18/10/2016 02:12|
Multi-Skilled Engineer (Food/FMCG)|
Location: Tilbury Docks
Salary: £ 32,000 - £38,000/annum (Days + Call-out) + Benefits
Employment type: Permanent
I am working exclusively with a leading multi-sited Food Products/FMCG manufacturing business with in-house production, packaging, transport and logistics. They are currently looking to recruit 2x Multi-Skilled Engineers (1x electrical bias and good mechanical knowledge & 1x mechanical bias and good electrical knowledge) to up-skill and enhance their current Maintenance Engineering function.
The Role & Typical Working Day:
* Reporting to the Senior Engineer, successful applicants will be key members of the Maintenance Engineering function. Your day will commence with a review of overnight issues and review changes to work priorities.
* You will involved with both planned and predictive maintenance tasks; work to be completed on plant outages, remedial work, continuous improvement work as well as reacting to unplanned plant outages.
* You will be responsible for the planning/completion of work allocated by Senior Engineer via CMMS system (Maximo), the replenishment and procurement of engineering stores, reporting of completed work on the CMMS system, induction and control of Engineering contractors carrying out specialist service work.
* You will also work closely and assist the production department in diagnosis of process issue.
* One week in six you will be first point of call for site breakdowns, both day time and out of hours Monday to Friday normal working days (08:00hrs - 16:30hrs), out of hours callout covers one week in 6 first call 7 days Monday to Monday.
Processes and Machinery on site:
This operation has over 2500 assets on its CMMS system so to give you a brief snap-shot, as an Engineer working within the team you will be involved with:
3 phase rotating machines (0.5KW to 160KW); mechanical grinding machines; sizing and separating machines utilising product density shape size; metal detectors; mechanical helical/bevel gearboxes; pneumatic conveying systems; weighing systems (both metering & batch); vee belt drive systems; mechanical couplings; screw conveyors; chain conveyors; bucket elevators; reverse jet duct filtration systems; silo filling and emptying; bag filling; packing; palletising; small steam boiler; pelleting extrusion; compressed air generation & distribution; 11000 volt HV distribution; 11000V to 415V transformation; 415Volt distribution; motor control; Programmable Logic Controllers; lighting and small power distribution; machine control ; process control; inductive and capacitive instrumentation; bin level control; rotary valve ; pneumatic and gravity pipe-work; aspiration pipe-work; water pumps (limited); air handling; chillers; variable speed drives; process control loops both electrical and control air.
Are you the ideal candidate for this great opportunity?
* As an ideal candidate for the role, you will have previous experience working and a Multi-Skilled Engineer in the food processing (or similar, i.e.: Animal Feed, Pharmaceutical, Chemical) industry.
* You will have completed a recognised industrial craft apprenticeship (or traineeship) and will have achieved craft qualifications to a minimum City and Guilds (or NVQ equivalent) level as this role is very much hands on craft engineering.
* Candidates that have run and managed small in house projects will be at a distinct advantage during the application stages.
* You will be self-motivated and be able to contribute to Engineering departmental objectives as a member of the Engineering team, with the ability to work unsupervised and on your own initiative while considering personal & food safety standards. You will be able to interpret and apply written and verbal instructions effectively with good attention to detail; Able to maintain a high standard for quality, health & safety, and housekeeping. Furthermore, you need to be keen to participate in continual learning and take every opportunity to advance your job knowledge.
* Other desirable skills which will be advantageous will be the possession of either a Basic Food Hygiene and/or H&S certificate (if not already achieved, this must be obtained within 6 months, the company will provide training, etc.).
An imminent start is available for the right candidate so if you're on the job market and looking for a serious challenge within a fast paced Production, Packaging, Warehousing & Distribution environment, what are you waiting for????
If this career opportunity is of interest and if what you've read above has whet your appetite to learn more please PICK UP YOUR PHONE AND CALL ME, Chris Errington on: (Apply online only) OR (Apply online only) for a confidential career discussion. Alternatively click on the 'Apply Now' link below.
3x reasons why someone else will get this job instead of you:
1. They'll call me, Chris Errington on (Apply online only) to tell me why they are suitable.
2. They'll write a covering e-mail in response today specifically highlighting their relevant experience.
3. They know that working with an Seriously Connected Independent Specialist Recruiter will considerably increase their chances of success and facilitate access to employers they may not otherwise reach
Seriously Connected Ltd., confirm that our Independent Recruitment Specialist's client has instructed us that the position advertised herein is of a permanent nature. All applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists cannot enter into discussions or offer assistance regarding sponsorship. Due to high volumes of applications in some instances our Independent Recruitment Specialists are unable to respond with individual feedback. Therefore, if you have not been contacted within five working days, unfortunately on this occasion your application has been unsuccessful. Our Independent Recruitment Specialists may however retain your details for future consideration against other roles they are engaged to work on by their clients