|Job Ref:||204690083||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||West Midlands||Address:||Post Code:||WV14||Salary:||£30000 - £35000/annum Benefits, pension||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
JOB TITLE: Projects Engineer|
LOCATION: West Bromwich
My client is a successful engineering company who manufacture turn-key solutions for a world wide customer base.
They need a motivated and professional Projects Engineer with a strong engineering background and good project management skills who can deliver customer and in-house projects to time and budget working closely with customers, colleagues and sub-contractors.
This varied and challenging role will involve:
- Managing turn-key customer projects in a structured manner from customer brief to completed installation.
- Planning and scheduling of resources using appropriate software
- Working closely with colleagues and suppliers to ensure project timescales are hit and early warning of any risks / problems.
- Carrying out in-house projects.
- Supporting other colleagues and functions as required.
To apply for this role you should have:
- A strong engineering / manufacturing background with project engineering and some project management experience.
- A minimum ONC/HNC or above in an appropriate engineering subject.
- A good understanding of electrical and mechanical engineering in particular industrial equipment.
- Good IT skills including, ERP / MRP and MS Project.
- Understanding of project planning and reporting.
- Excellent communication skills at all levels.
- Strong problem solving skills, ideally with lean / CI techniques.
- Able to read and ideally manipulate AutoCAD drawings.
- Ideally an understanding of risk assessments and safe working methods.
- Self disciplined and focused when working independently, methodical and detailed.
- Ability to travel to customer sites internationally on occasion - driving license and valid Passport required.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who enjoys a varied and challenging project engineering role in the broader context of a successful and growing engineering company with opportunities to develop yourself further