|Job Ref:||204689998||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Somerset||City:||Wellington||Address:||Post Code:||HR4||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
Project Manager - Engineering|
Location Somerset - Will include travel and multi site operations.
Our client is a successful Manufacturer in Somerset, who are well established both locally/nationally and globally for their extensive one shop stop product range, manufacture and delivery of customer projects.
What is the Purpose of the role?
To identify new Assets that will deliver competitive advantage to the Group. To develop the concept for the idea, specification, business cases and project delivery for major capital expenditure.
What are the responsibilities of this role?
The 3 critical elements of this role are:-
1. Planning and project delivery
• Create an effective project plans that can be simply communicated and understood.
• Ensure that project roles are clearly defined and committed to by all stake holders
• Ensure that risks and opportunities on projects are clearly communicated
• Manage project from project set up to delivery in operations
2. Identifying Opportunities for Investment
• Understand the current future business needs for assets
• Develop an understanding of the equipment available in the market place.
• Create relationships with major capital equipment suppliers to develop bespoke equipment
• Create relationships with Technical and Sales to understand the future direction of products
• Prioritisation of activities in line with the company strategy
3. Quality and Safety
• Ensure that all asset purchases are meeting the required standards
• Ensure that all installations are managed in a safe manners and all aspects of risk are managed
• Ensure that cross functional risk assessments are carried out on all assets installed
• Ensure that appropriate training is delivered to all staff
• Ensure that the capability of the equipment is in line with the quality and performance expectations of the products to be run on the line.
• Other responsibilities will include. Justification for projects, input into the budget process and developing strong cross functional relationships to understand the requirements of the different stakeholders within the business. In addition to communicating potential risks of new investments.
What skills and experience will you have?
• Educated to graduate level preferably or equivalent experience in an Engineering discipline.
• Experience in project delivery factory
• Experience of identifying new or imaginative asset solutions
• Ability to work across functions
• Good understanding of Health and Safety and Environmental requirements for new installations
• Ability to deliver projects and to resolve issues that occur.
• Commercial awareness and a good understanding of basic financial systems and controls