|Job Ref:||204689995||Employer:||cv-library.co.uk||Industry:||Civil and Structural||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||Northamptonshire||City:||Northampton||Address:||Post Code:||NN1||Salary:||£45000 - £55000/annum||Post Date:||19/10/2016 09:56|
We are currently recruiting for a Head of Service, who will be responsible the Service Department and ensuring continuous improvement is identified and adopted by the regional teams.|
* The role will be managing and achieving Service revenue targets and objectives in line with UK, European and Global guidelines.
* To organise service activities to ensure the department's efficient and profitable operation by satisfying customers and enhancing customer relations.
* To organise the service department and in particular, control resources and utilise assets at a level commensurate with profit targets.
* To create an environment where the department and its Employee develop and excel.
* To enhance the reputation of the business at every opportunity when interacting with others.
* Ensure that the Service Department achieves target objectives by ongoing (period by period) examination of accounts, daily & weekly operating controls, system information, industry reports and public domain information.
* Ensure that corrective action is taken where adverse variations to target achievement occur or inadequate performance is suspected. Instigate actions and strategies to bring about necessary improvements.
* Ensure accurate recording of parts and service times, job costing and invoicing in the Service Department.
* Improve on the quality and commitment to customer service and retention by improved technical skills and high standards of quality workmanship as well as best practice in customer handling and communication.
* Ensure that all Employees are committed to the principles and ethics and that these principles form the cornerstone of customer relations management. Promote and maintain the highest professional and ethical standards throughout the Field Service team, at all times.
* Maintain labour productivity records to monitor the effective use of technician and productive labour. Monitor hours attended and worked in order to achieve labour efficiency targets.
* Effective control of expenses in line with agreed objectives by regular examination and review of management accounts and comparisons with budgets.
* Maintain close scrutiny of developments and events within the industry which will impact on future business opportunity, legislation or trading practices.
* Drive profitability improvements in the Service department through both Direct and Indirect cost control to support the UK SSO's Pride agenda.
* Achieve critical KPIs relating to response time, fix time and first-time fix rate.
* Agree SLAs with strategic customers.
* Work closely with sales management in providing input to contract pricing decisions.
* Achieve agreed contract margins.
* Build strong long-term relationships with key decision makers in strategic accounts.
* Ensure appropriate coaching and training is delivered to the Field Service team in order to motivate, retain and further improve performance. Establish and maintain a training needs analysis to provide satisfactory levels of knowledge, skill, job satisfaction and cost-effective development of key service personnel.
* Ensure the continuing development and implementation of product training for customers and their operators.
* Maintain a comprehensive and up-to-date knowledge products and services, competitors' products and services, key benefits versus competitors and relevant developments within the wider industry.
* Ensure that these knowledge levels are maintained throughout the Field Service Team.
* Ensure an appropriate programme of performance reviews is cascaded throughout the Field Service team.
* Set the Field Service plan and objectives for the budget year, and develop an outline three year strategy in terms of future developments and performance.
* Take responsibility for understanding personal development needs, and agree an action plan.
* Succession planning.
* Operate at all times within the company's policies and procedures, and ensure that decision making is taken at the correct level.
* Live the Company's values and offer leadership in developing customer focus for non-customer facing colleagues.
* Degree calibre, although business achievements will be of greater importance than academic qualifications
* MS Office (Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint).
* ERP system knowledge
* Currently leading a sizeable field service team.
* Able to think strategically 1-3 years out.
* 5 Years man management experience
* Comfortable working in matrix
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Confident manner and strong Customer focus
* Driver with a valid UK driving licence
If you are interested in applying for this role or would like more information please contact Lee Elwell on (Apply online only) (Direct Line) or your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Contracts are those of an Employment Business.
Your CV will be forwarded to Jonathan Lee Recruitment, a leading engineering and manufacturing recruitment consultancy established in 1978. The services advertised by Jonathan Lee Recruitment are those of an Employment Agency