Job Location USA - TX-San Antonio
Required Clearance TS/SCI
Responsibilities for this Position:
General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS), a market leader and technology innovator, is seeking talented professionals to deliver cutting edge solutions to our customers.
Do you live in the LINUX command line window• Do you want to be a part of a LINUX Administration team supporting our Nation's Cyber initiatives• General Dynamics Mission Systems (GDMS) is actively seeking a LINUX Systems Administrator for San Antonio, Texas. In this role you will be part of a team that is responsible for LINUX administration of a cross domain enterprise solution product platform.
Highlights of Responsibilities:
- Red Hat LINUX command level administration with excellent technical knowledge of UNIX/LINUX operating system commands and utilities
- Integration of third party application on our proprietary Multilevel OS and desktop - Trusted Network Environment (TNE) Pitbull
- Command level troubleshooting of OS and associated hardware/software
- Create and resolve change request
- Provide technical solutions for the Enterprise Management Center engineers
- Install, configure, test, move and or break-down systems
- Create detailed test cases, test reports, technical reports and metrics
- Provide detailed technical solutions
- Perform system builds
- Maintain the security and stability of cross domain solutions
- Interact with customers
- Create, modify, and remove user accounts
- Knowledgeable of working with NFS, LVMs
- Experience with standing up and configuring RAID devices and SANs; HP 3PAR understanding desirable.
- Perform Linux audit and reporting tasks
- Works on advanced applications that may result in new business for the company
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement fix
- The ability to implement, configure a CA root server on UNIX/Linux for user identity management, multifactor authentication using smartcards, biometrics etc.
- Command level Database troubleshooting, including Oracle, SQL, skills highly desirable
Bachelor's in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field and 5 years of demonstrated results or equivalent experience. Full experience within own IT field and applications is required.
The successful LINUX Systems Administrator must have:
- Proven working experience with installing, configuring, testing and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux within a lab environment
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Customer service experience; The ability to think creatively and communicate their ideas effectively and be capable of presenting technical concepts to audiences of various technical abilities
- Liaison with vendors and other IT personnel for problem resolution
- Excellent communications skills
- Solid scripting skills; developing, maintaining custom shell scripts, able to troubleshoot scripts related to Bourne, C shell, Korn or Perl
- Ability to multi-task, task completion oriented person and must be flexible to work higher priority tasks that arise and be able to return to working lower priority tasks to completion
- Extensive experience solving complex problems and creating innovative solutions
- Willingness to travel in support of customer support (no more than 10% of the time)
- Willingness and ability to support operational efforts when deemed necessary
This position requires a TS/SCI clearance. Applicants selected will be subject to a U.S. Government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information. Due to the nature of work performed within our facilities, U.S. citizenship is required.
- Applicants must meet DoD 8570.1 certification requirements for IAT-II or higher