|Job Ref:||EMP375461||Employer:||Matchtech Group plc.||Country:||United Kingdom||City:||New Malden||Address:||Post Code:||KT3||Salary:||£41/hour||Post Date:||14/10/2016 21:33|
BAE Systems have a new requirement for a Project Controller to join the New Maldon site, this is an initial 6 month contract paying £41.85/hr.|
Project control within the defence sector
Purpose of role:
The main purpose of the role is to support the collation, updating and analysis of business data using project control processes for projects within Combat Systems. This requires the hands-on use of a range of business systems and Project Control toolsets.
Major Tasks and Activities:
NA schedules, baseline and forecasts, are accurately maintained and updated in accordance with the business reporting cycle.
NA the Forward load system is maintained to ensure consistency with the projects’ requirements.
NA the Risk and Opportunities process including generation of risk reports and schedule & cost risk analysis.
NA the Control Account Manager (CAM) Review process including analysis of Earned Value (EV) data.
NA reporting suite for contract review meetings in accordance with the reporting cycle.
NA customer reports.
Key Technical Skills
- The candidate will need good knowledge of project management practices and processes including Planning, cost control, earned value management and risk and opportunity management, with the ability to analyse and present data allowing informed decision making.
- PC literate with good working knowledge of the MS Office suite and a sound knowledge of planning toolsets.
- There are also additional activities which will provide an opportunity for bid work. There will be scope for extra responsibilities & learning opportunities.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Good working knowledge of Primavera P6.
- Good knowledge of project management principles (APM Certified desirable).