Bombardier Transportation is the number one provider of rail solutions in the world. Our business holds the number one global market position in eight of the ten markets we service. Our product portfolio includes a full range of passenger rail vehicles and we manufacture locomotives, bogies, propulsion and rail control solutions. |
At Bombardier, 70,000 employees in 60 countries work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
The Project Manager is responsible for the deliverables of the contract to the customer and to deliver the targeted margin to Bombardier. He/She will lead the project and pro-actively manage the functions to ensure that the functions keep to their delegated budgets, meet their schedules and deliver on their obligation. He/she has to ensure that all Project Core Team members have sufficient financial and reporting governance and to ensure all risks and opportunities are properly addressed and mitigated.
- Manage WBS, Detailed Project Schedule, JDDP, Customer Interface, Project Risk, Opportunity and Improvement Management, Project Launch (including the Orange Book), Change Management and Contractual Obligation Management, Budget allocation and monitoring, project Reporting internally both status and financial performance
- Review the effort of the Project Core Team members and to give directives related to the project execution
- Secure the support of the business partners and extended project team
- Manage all Communication with the Customer
- Manage change and variation processes to ensure issues are effectively analyzed and appropriate decisions are made in line with BT requirements.
- Adapt the allocation of work packages between the roles and the day-to-day delegation of special tasks to the Project Core Team members in order to optimize the total project
- Maintain specific communication responsibility to the Project Managers of Sub-Divisions
- Management of health and safety on site for the activities, in conjunction with the HSE Manager.
- Degree in Engineering majoring in Mechanical/Electrical
- Minimum total of 5-8 years of experience with minimum 3-5 years of project management experience
- At least 3-5 years of managerial experience in project management is required
- Working experience in Project Management, Bids, Sales, Contracts and Legal, Procurement, Engineering or Operations would be considered relevant for the position
- Relevant experience should ideally be gained in the rail industry or major high-end infrastructure projects
- Experience gained with a turnkey/main contractor environment would be considered relevant
- Working experience with exposure to a full project life cycle would be ideal
- Must be comfortable reporting on project progress at different levels of management and generating reports to demonstrate achievements against objectives
- Ability to build and management internal project teams with strong leadership and communication skills at all levels is important.
- Excellent communication skills in English and Bahasa Malaysia as well as diplomacy skills in order to develop, influence and maintain effective relations with key stakeholders is required.
- The ideal candidate would have exposure working in an international and multicultural/multi-ethnic environment.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join our LinkedIn Group!