Tyco a unit of Johnson Controls is the world's largest dedicated fire protection and security company. Our mission is to advance safety and security by finding smarter ways to save lives improve businesses and protect where people live and work. Our 69,000 employees in over 1,000 locations around the world take a consultative approach to delivering tailored, industry-specific solutions. Our global reach allows us to anticipate changes across geographies and industries, and deploy the right solutions rapidly. In the most challenging and demanding environments, we help our customers achieve their safety, security and business goals. |
Our products and solutions help protect:
• 80% of the world's top 200 retailers
• More than 1,000,000 fire fighters around the world
• 90% of the top 50 oil and gas companies
• International airports
• 100 major stadiums around the world
• A majority of the Fortune 500
• 200 hospitals around the world
• Nearly 3 million commercial, government and residential customers
With a tradition of customized service and a passion for technology and innovation,
As a Senior Mobile Engineer you will be tasked with building Native Android projects from the ground up located here in Irvine, CA.
These projects are to follow the most modern practices and are intended to be Rapid Prototyping or Rapid Application Development for various innovative Projects. Tools may include:
- Android Studio
- Open Source Libraries
- Reusable Internal Libraries
- Dependency Management Servers
This Engineer will be helping to set the standards for the rest of the company and build out reusable libraries that can help other teams to develop more rapidly. Some tools, some shared libraries, and some prototypes for testing out new technologies. Examples of needed libraries are:
- SDK for IoT integration
- SDKs for individual BUs fire, security, lighting, card access, burglary, home automation
- Libraries for logging, environment handling, custom UI Widgets and Libraries
- Bluetooth, embedded interactions, BLE communications, and various R&D innovations
- Whatever else is innovative and reusable that we should abstract
This is a very diverse role that is continually challenging and evolving for a person who enjoys to learn and grow in their areas of expertise and expand into other areas while remaining current in best practices for the code that is written. We are looking for a tenacious and excitable consultant to join the team and help build this eco system from the ground up with us. We do not want developers who are stuck in their way, or desire to continue working with old technology when newer stuff is available. Candidate Must be innovative and comfortable in bleeding edge technologies as well as various communication protocols.
If this sounds like you then come join us, invent, innovate, and help us light the way for future development across a 57,000 employee company while adding to a fun and excitable work environment meant to challenge and facilitate teamwork and fun.
- Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or related field) from an accredited college or university (four years relevant work experience may be substituted for education). 5 years developing large-scale, enterprise-wide, commercial software with minimum 3 years focused in Mobile.
- Leadership abilities to run a project, gather requirements and work directly with different customers to ensure their needs are met.
- Scrum Master experience is a plus, but must be open to learning it at least
- 3 years experience developing highly scalable data-driven applications with client/server interactions
- 5 years experience with object oriented programming languages (Objective-C, Swift, Java) with in-depth knowledge of the Language Idioms and usages.
- 3 years experience building mobile applications on Android platform.
- 3 years experience integrating with SOAP/REST web services.
- 2 years experience performance testing, monitoring, troubleshooting deployed applications, installed and actively used on mobile devices.
- Strong grasp of computer science, data structures and algorithms.
- Strong mobile UI design skills for resolution variations, orientation management and size handling.
- Excellent understanding of support, scaling, styling, and best practices for enterprise development
- 1 year experience using common cloud architecture, enabling components, and deployment platforms Parse, LAMP, MEAN, whatever infrastructure enables client/server interactions
- 1 year experience with mobile push notifications (APNs, GCM).
- Experience with development of applications utilizing one or more of the following web services technologies: JSON-RPC, JSON-WSP, (WSDL), REST, RPC, or XML.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Team Player and most importantly, (Have a Personality J ) we are a fun crowd and like to work with other fun talented people.