|Job Ref:||1618437||Employer:||Tyco||Industry:||Manufacturing||Country:||United States||County/State:||North Carolina||City:||Monroe||Address:||Post Date:||17/10/2016 22:21|
Johnson Controls is a global diversified technology and multi industrial leader serving a wide range of customers in more than 150 countries. Our 117,000 employees create intelligent buildings, efficient energy solutions, integrated infrastructure and next generation transportation systems that work seamlessly together to deliver on the promise of smart cities and communities. Our commitment to sustainability dates back to our roots in 1885, with the invention of the first electric room thermostat. We are committed to helping our customers win and creating greater value for all of our stakeholders through strategic focus on our buildings and energy growth platforms. |
Scott Safety is a well-established, leading brand in the Life Safety Industry with revenue of approximately $450 million dollars and 1100 employees with five manufacturing sites. Scott Safety specializes in respiratory protection devices including self-contained breathing apparatus (SCBA), gas and flame detection products and personal protective equipment (PPE). Main end use markets include Fire Services, Military and Civil Defense, Petro-Chemical Oil and Gas, Marine and general industrial markets.
Direct single-site manufacturing operations through a team of functional managers and supervisors with overall responsibility for production, maintenance, facilities, distribution, manufacturing engineering, and planning. Ensure increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines. Ultimately responsible for 300 employees (multi-shifts).
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree.
• Minimum 10 years general manager experience in high precision, high-tech and low tolerance machining manufacturing environments.
• Background with manufacturing methods, process improvement programs and procedures.
SPECIFIC KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS, ETC:
• Kaizen and Lean Manufacturing techniques.
• Technical skills in materials and inventory management, production scheduling, and preventive maintenance.
• Leadership: A demonstrated ability to lead people and get results through others.
• Planning: Ability to think ahead and plan over a 3-6 month time span.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
• Excellent project and program management skills.
• Quality orientation.
• Computer proficient.