Position Summary: |
The primary function of this position is to identify, promote and sell products associate with SimplexGrinnell's Suppression Department. SimplexGrinnell is a global leader in the design, manufacture, installation, and service of a comprehensive array of networked and integrated fire alarm and suppression, security, and communications systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Positive and professionally represent the company with respect to the promotion sale and retention of various service offering to end user of all aspects for fire protection.
- Establish contact with prospects and qualify potential buyers of service contracts by scheduling sales calls, following up of leads and utilizing outline marketing strategies.
- Determine and maintain an active proposal backlog that will support achieving the designed sales plan. Conduct building surveys' to support the development of estimates.
- Maintain correct and complete records of all sales related activities.
- Submit all required sales reports, expenses, competitive activity and correspondence in an accurate and timely manner.
- Develop a positive and ongoing relationship with customers to ensure long-term customer loyalty.
- Support Service Department towards achieving customer excellence, as well as working with other departments to generate leads for service equipment/device upgrades.
- Participate in trade shows, special product demonstrations and other events with the objective of increasing sales and enhancing the company's image.
- Conduct seminars, demonstrations, etc.. in order to generate, develop and qualify leads for prospective customers.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
- College, Technical degree, High School minimal degree accepted
- Three or more years of sales experience in the suppression business, with a proven successful record of accomplishment that is verifiable.
- Applicant must have excellent communications skills, strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability to learn quickly
- Must have the ability to persuade and close sales and handle a variety of situations encountered during sales process and disciplined to work with limited supervision.
- Ability to read blueprints and wiring diagrams a must. Exposure to computer/applications software is desirable.
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills, sales techniques, solid presentation skills and closing techniques.
- Must be a self-motivator with good organization skills.
- Knowledge on kitchen fire suppression systems for commercial use, a must.
- Knowledge of NFPA 10, standard for portable fire extinguishers, a must.
- Knowledge of engineered systems per NFPA 2001, a must.
Johnson Controls offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits plan including medical, dental, prescription coverage, flexible spending accounts, paid life insurance, matching 401(k), ongoing training, tuition reimbursement and more. And because we're part of Johnson Controls, we can prepare you for a career on a global scale.
JCI is an EEO/AA/Female/Minority/Veteran/Disability Employer.