Basic Function / Scope |
The Learning Leader has strategic and operational responsibility to develop global strategies for internal and external learning across the HDS Eco System. The LL will assess and align education strategies and execution plans necessary to enable our employees, partners and customers. Integration with HR on leadership development strategies and delivery will also be key.
A successful learning organization will act as a key enabler / facilitator to the business strategy and goals.
Stakeholders include: HDS Global Sales, Marketing, Partners & Alliances, HR and Services and Support functions.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, place of origin, ethnic origin, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, genetic information, mental or physical disability, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable national, state, or local law.
- Modernize learning strategy and the associated methods and technology for delivery of training. Such plans must be scalable for a growing organization and for the complexity of an eco system of partners
- Drive learning prioritization and insure alignment to the HDS/Hitachi business strategy and key stakeholders
- Lead the design of plans to address functional, product/technical, partners and sales training, as well as leadership development for employees
- Implementation of operational and strategic metrics and associated ability to regularly report on ROI
- Develop a team and model that can proactively partner with the business to assess training and development needs within an organization and respond quickly
Candidate Attributes/Skills Sought
- This position requires collaborative leadership with strong relationship building skills and comfort working in a matrixed environment
- An individual who inspires action, builds relationships, and obtains results. Ability to mobilize a global team towards a common strategy
- Ability to employ effective change management into leadership approach
- Strong communication (verbal and written) and collaboration skills; able to work effectively across all levels within a global organization
- Excellent operational deployment skills; the ability to integrate and align strategy, people and activities across functions, processes and teams
- Someone who is able to translate vision and strategy into clear actionable goals
- Solution-oriented with a balanced approach to diagnosing current state and problems to be solved for
- Strong consultative and diagnostics skills; excellent strategic planning and operational deployment skills.
- Business acumen, knowledge, professionalism; understands all aspects of how a business operates; able to develop and articulate the value proposition of a new process or program
- Ability to maintain composure and productivity in a fast-paced environment; flexible and adaptable, an individual who embraces change and challenges and has a passion for improvement
- 10-15 years of progressive Learning and Development experience and in a global environment
- Knowledge and background in fast paced technology sector
- Master's degree is preferred
The position will be located in Santa Clara, CA