What is the purpose of this role?
Driving a Large Goods Vehicle collecting/delivering waste or recycled products.
What makes this role unique?
You will complete the daily rounds/work allocated to you including tipping at our own disposal/recycling or third party sites.
What will this role involve?
- Operating a range of vehicles
- Carrying out vehicle checks, routine maintenance (e.g. oil and water checks)
- Cleaning of the vehicle at regular intervals both inside and out
- Daily checks to be carried out and defects reported to workshop
- Digital and analogue data to be downloaded at weekly intervals
- Ensure that vehicles are driven and operated in a safe and responsible manner at all times showing due consideration to the applicable legislation
- Ensure that the areas of work to which you are allocated, are carried out to the required standards
- Complete allocated work within set time scales and to ensure customer satisfaction at all times
- Completing any paperwork required including all Duty of Care information
- Completing the daily rounds/work allocated to you including tipping at our own disposal/recycling or third party sites
- Report to the line manager any customer problems, people or vehicle accidents or near miss incidents
- All activities must be carried out in accordance with the safe working methods and with the supplied appropriate safety clothing
- Present a professional image to our customers and other road users
What are we looking for?
- Able to drive, with a full current and valid driving licence
- Able to demonstrate a committed, flexible and enthusiastic approach to varying duties
- Ability to follow and adhere to instructions and relevant safety policies and procedures
- Able to work as part of a team and demonstrate positive team working skills
- Experience of maintaining levels of service and working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Experience of working under prolonged periods of sustained physical effort