|Job Ref:||DE01124STR||Employer:||Interserve||Country:||United Kingdom||County/State:||London||City:||Hornsey||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 00:12|
Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Hourly-Paid |
About the role
Interserve Healthcare Strand has fantastic opportunities to join our team of community based Healthcare Assistances providing care and support to adults with diverse and variable care needs.
We are currently looking for Healthcare Assistants to provide care and support to our client, a gentleman with a spinal injury and tetraplegia. He mobilises with the use of an electronic wheelchair and requires 24/7 double up care at all times. He has got a supra pubic catheter and stoma bag in situ, which you will be required to assist with. He has capacity and is in a position to direct his care at all times.
All his care team require awareness and understanding of autonomic dysreflexia and how to assist immediately should he show any symptoms.
This is a two person role and you will be required to work alongside another Healthcare Assistant at all times. You therefore need to be a team player, have a good temperament and should exhibit a very high level of professionalism at all times.
During the course of supporting this client, you will be required to liaise with district Nurses, client's family representative and any other professionals involved in his well being.
Being a car driver is a desirable.
Bespoke training will be arranged for successful candidates who may not possess all the skills required above but can apply themselves with the right attitude and mind-set.
• Assisting in all aspects of personal care (oral and personal hygiene, toileting, pressure sore care, support with dressing up, grooming and all associated aspects of personal care.
• Supporting in the moving and handling by use of a hoist which is place
• Supporting clients with their medication
• Catheter and stoma bag care
• All aspects of personal care(assistance with showering, oral hygiene, dressing up and grooming
• Prepare meals for the client and ensure that he has his meals at all times
• Household domestics to ensure that his overall home environment is clean and pleasant
Our client loves going out shopping and to coffee places and you will be required to support him when out in the community.
Following skills & experience required:
• 6 months previous care experience
• Experience of working with clients with complex care needs (advantageous)
• Excellent communication skills, written, verbal and listening
• Have a caring and compassionate attitude
• Can commit to regular hours
• catheter care
• Stoma care
• Use of a cough assist machine on occasions
• Pressure area care
• Medication management
About the Company
Interserve Healthcare delivers specialist healthcare services to clients in their own homes and in healthcare establishments throughout the UK. We recruit Nurses, Healthcare Assistants and Support Workers on a national basis to deliver outstanding care and support to our ever-growing client base.
What we can offer you:
Strand Nursing, a part of Interserve Healthcare is on the AQP list (Any Qualified Provider) for Barking& Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge, Camden, Croydon, Merton and Wands worth, Islington and Waltham forest clinical Commissioning groups.
We are receiving a number of referrals which give us an opportunity to guarantee continuity of work across the board. In addition to that we will offer bespoke training in all aspects of this client's care.
This package will provide someone with the right attitude an opportunity to upskill on quite a number of complex competencies.
This package will guarantee the successful candidates a number of hours and hence guaranteeing continuity and financial stability.
• We offer clinical oversight and support to all our service users
• We offer very attractive Holiday pay rates
• We offer a generous refer a friend Bonus
• Weekly pay plus holiday pay
Interserve Healthcare is an Investors in Diversity accredited company & committed to equal opportunities for all (Agy).