Hourly Rate Bands N/A Salaried/Hourly-Paid Salaried |
The Business Support Manager role is a valuable asset to the company, building a working partnership with all stakeholders alike. Ensuring we deliver an efficient service as set out in the Eden Policy Statement and local contract specifications. Raising the profile of the Eden brand through promotion and training whilst increasing sales and meeting financial targets.
Please note this role is term time only.
- Ensure your dedicated area is managed in line with the Eden business plan and relevant policies, having open liaison with the Operations Manager as and when required to ensure that they achieve budgetary targets and provide management reporting as and when required.
- Ongoing monitoring of the level of service provided within the units, including assessment of equipment/premises, ensuring good standard of food production in compliance with Food and Health and Safety standards, taking corrective action if required, including maintenance reports to relevant monitoring bodies. A minimum of six visits per unit per year and each school to have a Service Level Agreement completed once a year. In addition to have a minimum of three local client meetings per school per year.
- Ongoing assessment of staffing levels against guidelines and deploy staff effectively, ensuring appropriate cover for Unit Managers to enable the unit operates in accordance with the Eden policies.
- Ensuring all new staff receive appropriate induction training and comply with personnel and payroll policies in respect of that. Support and develop staff with in house and on the job training in all business areas.
- Working in conjunction with the Brand Manager and Operations Manager to promote and develop the Eden brand within your dedicated area to all stakeholders. Ensuring appropriate training, merchandising/marketing material is distributed/ communicated. Hold regular meetings with staff of all appropriate levels to ensure they are aware of new requirements and allow them the opportunity to provide feedback and new ideas.
- Liaise with the Operations Director/Operations Manager to support the mobilisation of any contract wins/ losses. Helping to retain ongoing contracts through good practice, provide support to the Sales Team in securing new business.
- Reporting to the Operations Manager. Being a business partner within your dedicated regional area, utilising and managing your team's skills to provide the service to the best of their ability. Delegate relevant tasks, ensuring your time is spent effectively. Identifying team members with promotional ability to ensure succession planning and training needs as required.
- Ability to liaise with all stakeholders by both written and face-to-face communication. Utilise both internal and external networks wherever possible.
- Capable of assessing varying situations and using your own initiative to seek satisfactory resolution.
- Ensuring matters are dealt with calmly and professionally at all times, within reasonable timeframes.
What we are looking for
- Good general education and willingness to undertake further training.
- Qualified to 706-1/706-2 or equivalent and NEBSM preferred.
- Health & Safety and Food Safety, preferably to Intermediate level.
- Previous experience in managing a large scale catering provision with a similar level of responsibility and ability to communicate at all levels across the business, both internal and external.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a good working knowledge of dealing with both Operational and Personnel matters.
- Numerate, ability to understand and disseminate financial information.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications including Word and Excel.
- Proven experience of presenting to all stakeholders using relevant tools available.
- All Posts are subject to either a standard or enhanced DBS check according to contract.
About the company
Interserve's vision is to redefine the future for people and places. We are one of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. We offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services. Interserve is based in the UK and is listed in the FTSE 250 index. We have gross revenue of £3.3 billion and a workforce of 80,000 people worldwide.