Senior Business Analyst Agile ecommerce.|
We're looking for an Senior Business Analyst, to work alongside our growing product teams. This role will report into the Head of Big Stuff.
Big Stuff consists of POs, BAs, PMs, Programme Management and provides portfolio oversight. We work in 2 ways: we help out where the projects are complex or involve our third parties, or hit multiple areas in our business; or we work within a Product Team to help the Product Owners continuously release value. We have grown and we have lots of ideas and lots of things to do. So, we need someone with a clever mind to help us get it done.
You'll be working with agile product teams and business areas; suppliers and partners. You will be discussing ideas with the chiefs of our business and translating them into user stories for our development teams and suppliers. You will be expected to be self-organising and have the ability to manage lots of projects at the same time. Our development methodology is agile but our third parties may not work that way so you need to be able to adapt to these different ways of working as needed.
You will have worked as a Senior Business Analyst on eCommerce platforms. You will have strong leadership, stakeholder and communication skills; and you will be articulate and influential. You will have experience in process improvement; requirements gathering and delivery, through launching products or services, and a solid foundation of analytical skills. You will have experience of different delivery methodologies - and an informed experience of agile scrum. You will also be a team player and get stuck in to the (Client) way of doing things.
Key aspects of the role
- Supporting the development and delivery of the (Client) objectives and key results
- Taking ownership of all requirement related matters for a waterfall vendor selection process: why are we doing it, what do we need to do, how will we know we have succeeded?
- Being proactive and able to forge your way through a non-corporate environment where conversations are key
- Ability to describe an idea on one page
- Working alongside an architect to understand a current solution design and the potential future solutions offered by vendors
- Gaining agreement on a set of functional and non-functional requirements, you will need to be able to work out what types of non-functional requirements would be relevant to the project to help elicit the appropriate requirements from stakeholders
- Leading on the completion of RFP documents
- Providing experience into the project team so that all aspects of bringing in a new vendor, who supplies a potentially different solution with different integrations, operational processes, reports & data migration aspects are considered and leading on these aspects as needed
- Supporting through to implementation once a vendor is selected e.g.:
- Working alongside a Product Owner to input into their backlog and be part of the agile product team to ensure the solution is implemented as per the requirements
- Liaising with stakeholders around the business, helping to write / refine User Stories along with relevant and meaningful Acceptance Criteria
Previous experience must have's:
- Have we mentioned fast paced yet? We work at a very fast pace here at (Client) , so you will need to juggle multiple projects through the working week to make sure progress is made. We deliver lots and you will be central to this, often injecting pace yourself.
- You will need to be an excellent communicator and able to build strong relationships with the key people in the product and supporting teams.
- You will work closely with internal stakeholders across the business including our technical teams, UX, finance, security, operations, business intelligence as well as our service partners
- You should be comfortable presenting to a wide variety of stakeholders and able to tailor your communication to them
Previous experience nice-to-have's:
- Proven experience within eCommerce businesses
- Previous experience with payment providers and merchant services in an eCommerce environment
- Been a senior business analyst for at least 5 years
- Experience of vendor selection i.e. responsibility for writing RFIs, RFPs, determining how to score the responses and being part of the vendor selection scoring
- Able to sketch out a solution design and have an informed discussion with architects to determine if the solution is in line with the requirements
- Have taken a lead role in delivering a third party capability into an eCommerce business (so the full lifecycle)
- A full understanding of the various UML diagrams and when to pull which one out of the bag to help explain a situation (or which one to modify to suit the needs of the audience)
- Hands on experience with JIRA & Confluence or similar tools, you will be responsible for maintaining the documentation set in a structured framework, for not only your output but other project deliverables
- An understanding of the variety of agile formats and practices
- Proven ability of translating, implementing and delivering new ideas
- Ability to influence at all levels and work effectively across functions and geographies. Lead cross-functional working teams
- Experience in Telco / MVNO businesses
- Experience in start-up cultures
- Worked as a BA inside an agile product team for 2 years or more