Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates, calcium chloride, and resorcinol. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No.2 in the U.S. and No. 1, 2 or 3 in the world.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Instrument & Electrical Technician with INDSPEC Chemical Corporation's facility located in Petrolia, Pennsylvania.
INDSPEC Chemical Corporation (INDSPEC), an affiliate of Occidental Chemical Corporation, is one of the world's largest resorcinol producers and the only commercial resorcinol producer in the United States. INDSPEC manufactures resorcinol, resorcinol-based resins and other resorcinol derivatives. INDSPEC also offers selected grades of sodium sulfite and sodium sulfate in its product line.
Essential Job Duties:
- Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
- Install, maintain, inspect, troubleshoot, repair and perform preventative maintenance on all plant instrumentation, control systems, analyzers and electrical equipment.
- Responsible for prompt and accurate diagnosis of minor problems and the implementation of corrective action. Consult directly with equipment vendors on problems for resolution as necessary.
- Set up and operate limited types of shop tools and specialized test, measuring equipment and hand tools utilized in any phase of machine installation or maintenance.
- Conduct evaluation tests on valves, motors, instruments, etc.
- Must be proficient in troubleshooting 120 volt AC controls, 480 volt motors and switch gear.
- Research specifications for materials, testing and repair of instrumentation and electrical equipment.
Additional Desired Qualifications:
- High School Education or GED required.
- Minimum of two years of relevant industrial experience and Associate's degree in Instrumentation or Electrical Technology, or three years instrumentation/electrical maintenance experience in industry with a NCCER certification, IBEW certification, or related accreditation.
- Should be proficient in troubleshooting using loop drawing, schematics, ladder logic, electrical one-line, and P&I drawings.
- Should be proficient in maintaining process control loops, electronic controls, valves, and transmitters.
- Ability to work overtime, weekends, and holidays.
- High proficiency in Microsoft applications.
- Ability to read, write and speak in English.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
- Must possess valid driver's license.
- Physical requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs, climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms.
- Additional chemical plant or manufacturing experience is preferred.
- Experience with high voltage systems (115KV, 13.8KV, 4160V), circuit breakers, motor starters, relaying, cable terminations and repairs, with an understanding of HIPOT, TTR, Phasing and Meggar testing preferred.
- Good working knowledge of SAP
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status