|Job Ref:||00016082||Employer:||Oxy||Job Type:||Permanent||Country:||United States||County/State:||Pennsylvania||City:||Petrolia||Address:||Post Date:||18/10/2016 01:02|
Contribute. Grow. Lead...with OxyChem. Looking for a challenge? Desire to achieve your true potential? OxyChem is a growing, action-oriented, safety driven chemical manufacturing company continually striving to be the best in the business while staying focused on environmental protection. The secret to our success has and will continue to be our people. |
Occidental Chemical Corporation (OxyChem) is a leading North American manufacturer of polyvinyl chloride (PVC) resins, chlorine and caustic soda - key building blocks for a variety of indispensable products such as plastics, pharmaceuticals and water treatment chemicals. Other OxyChem products include caustic potash, chlorinated organics, sodium silicates, chlorinated isocyanurates, calcium chloride and resorcinol. For every product it makes, OxyChem's market position is No. 1 or No. 2 in the U.S.
In a fast-paced industry that demands precision, we create a supportive workplace where the safety and well-being of our employees are paramount. We are committed to rewarding top performers, offering very competitive pay and benefits, and providing tremendous career development opportunities. We are looking for an experienced and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Operations Manager with our INDSPEC Resorcinol plant located in Petrolia, Pennsylvania. INDSPEC Chemical Corporation (INDSPEC), an affiliate of Occidental Chemical Corporation, is one of the world's largest resorcinol producers and the only commercial resorcinol producer in the United States. INDSPEC manufactures resorcinol, resorcinol-based resins and other resorcinol derivatives. INDSPEC also offers selected grades of sodium sulfite and sodium sulfate in its product line.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
• Maintain protection of the environment and the health and safety of our employees, customers, and the communities in which we operate and/or transport our products, as our highest priority.
• Responsible for the overall operation of the plant, provides strong leadership for the area and effectively manages the operations to make optimum use of the plant facilities and personnel and insures safe, environmentally sound, reliable, and efficient operations to manufacture quality products.
• Set operational priorities and allocate resources to meet the needs of the facility and business.
• Assist in customer coordination, complaint resolution, and product development.
• Direct the Maintenance Department in practices, standards, specifications, and policies that comply with the process safety code of Responsible Care and Process Safety Management (PSM).
• Direct the Maintenance Department and Engineering Group in a manner to reduce costs, improve productivity, increase reliability, and enhance safety and environmental performance.
• Develop and control the maintenance budget requirements including monitoring expenditures, adjusting priorities, and forecasting future maintenance expenditures.
• Establish and monitor key measures to ensure that a comprehensive and effective maintenance and reliability program is in place and that the Maintenance Excellence Process is practiced.
• Establish processes to meet raw material needs/usage targets, permissible inventory flexibility, production needs, pipeline shipment targets, and railcar shipment targets.
• Develops the personnel in the department, directs work assignments, evaluates employee performance, and conducts employee discipline in a manner that is consistent with Company, policies and procedures.
• Communicates, implements, and assures compliance with governmental rules and regulations, as well as, Company plans, programs, policies, and procedures involved with the conduct of a safe, clean, environmentally sound, and efficient operation.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering with a minimum of 10 years manufacturing experience in technical, maintenance or production departments.
• High proficiency in Microsoft applications (such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) and good working knowledge of SAP.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to read, write and speak in English.
• Must be able to respond to off hour emergencies.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work weekends, holidays and respond to callouts on a non-routine basis.
• Physical Requirements - Must be able to lift 40 lbs., climb ladders and stairs. Walking, bending, stooping is required. Must be able to wear personal protective equipment including the use of a respirator. Must be able to respond to visual and audible alarms
Oxy is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Individual with Disability/Veteran Status